Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2015, 09:03 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Roadglide,
Check Mountainview RV Park in Sundance, WY. They may have a site available. It's about 50 miles west of Sturgis, but when we were there, there were hundreds of M/C's in town, riding the loop to Devil's Tower and a few other sites. 307-283-2270. Like every campground withing 100 miles of Sturgis, they have "increased rates" for the ralley, but may have a site available. It's a pretty nice, clean campground, pool, playground for kids, etc.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:22 PM   #22
roadglide

I suppose if I go next year I should make reservation soon and get up there a week early. Ill check it out thank you.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #23
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri_truck_guy View Post
We're going way out of the box here, I explain to people all the time that if you want to understand risk management, ride a motorcycle. Because riding is all about how much risk you're willing to accept, and what you can do to mitigate it. Unfortunately guys who ride like you just described have no concept of either.

Back on topic, Ocho and Way of Life, did you guys make it ok and what sections are you in?
We did make it. We are staying near downtown Sturgis at one of the many private parks.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #24
ri_truck_guy

We rolled out of town yesterday. Always fun, but way too crowded this time around. We enjoy the Buffalo Chip, but this was likely our last time there. Just too hard to get out of there, and then through town. We'll look for somewhere on the outskirts next time.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #25
Way Of Life

We stay at a campground 3 miles out of town. There is a bus that will pick us up and deliver us to downtown Sturgis and all the big concert venues. I refuse to stay at Buffalo Chip or Glencoe. The Chip was a disaster this year.....More so than in the past. Glencoe had some flash flooding and as always......They are both GROSSLY OVER PRICED! With the big anniversary year this year it always seems to increase the level of incompetent riders and drivers. Stupid is not solely related to just the motorcyclist and inexperienced riders. Plenty of rude and inconsiderate car/truck and other motorists.

For those of you that have this on your bucket list......Do yourself a favor and come during an off year.....You'll be glad you did.
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #26
kmc58

We went in 2009 and stayed in Belle Fouche at Wyatt's Campground. Didn't mingle too much with the party crowd ... just enjoyed riding through the Black Hills and seeing the sights. Totally different looking landscape for these Georgia natives. Really want to go again when we can take off work for more than 12 days.
kmc58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #27
notanlines

We also just returned from a three week total trip to Sturgis. We were fortunate enough to have friends with a farm in Caputa, just east of Rapid City. Regretfully I fell about 6 feet off a friends trailer when a strap broke and severely tore my rotator cuff. Yes, medics, ambulance ride, the works. We did finally ride a little towards the end, but I guess surgery this coming week. I would highly recommend Vanocker Campground just west of the vet's clinic on Pineview Drive. Very good prices and location. You won't be taking any "Buffalo Chip" type pictures, however.Just a nice place to stay.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #28
ri_truck_guy

Ouch....hope you feel better and the surgery goes ok. Hell of way to spend that trip. We, thankfully, weren't in a section to get that type of Chip picture either. It was relatively sane where we were.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #29
ocho

Just got back. Beautiful riding there for sure. Didn't party too much. Just wanted to ride. A couple severe storms including one with hail, but was able to find shelter. 2557 miles without a single issue. Truck performed flawless and worked its *** off for two weeks. I will forever be a GM Truck fan. The trailer did as well. Glad now I redid the suspension to the dexter axle wetbolt system, added the higher rated rims and F rated tires. Carlisle Radial Trail RH F rated trailer tires were bullet proof this trip. I traveled mainly 2 lane roads thru the middle of nowhere in the heat and mainly chip seal with plenty of pot holes. I had peace of mind this trip.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote