Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #61
340_Formula_S

I had my Keystone Cougar 28RBS for almost three years. I only experienced one real issue in those three years. That problem was really more of a Lippert chassis issue than a Keystone problem. Being that Lippert is a major supplier to most all of the RV manufacturers, it could've happened with any make.

Elko, Va.
2012 Ram 3500 DRW Cummins High Output
Cedar Creek 36B2
340_Formula_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:04 PM   #62
steve slade

Well after starting this thread and getting a season completed in my carbon 32 I can honestly say I love my carbon. I have had quite a few issues,the seal on the top of the front cap was completely gone and I only noticed it when I got up on a ladder waxing my unit. Unsure how long it was missing I'm hoping I don't get any water damage from this. It also happen on the rear seal the caulking was all gone only noticed when I waxed my unit for the second time of the summer. Good thing I do a lot of waxing haha. The rubber seal where the fibreglass meets the tin split just above the fuelling station. Had the trim split from the island in the kitchen. Most of the screws in the checker plating in the garage kept backing out. The fuel door lock broke off in transit and got damaged a little ,screws in wheel flares backed out and a few other minor issues but all were taken care of by the dealer and fixed. My real complaint were the jacks on this thing ,they are absolute garbage but the dealer would not touch that one. The workmanship on this unit is laughable in some areas there's barely a screw on the unit that was screwed in strait. But I still love the unit and had a great season camping. Would I buy another one? Well keystone just realesed the carbon 35. 12 foot garage and this one comes with the patio option which I wanted so bad and I love the floor plan. I wish I would have waited an extra year to buy ,buy I'm sure that happens to many of us. So I'm very happy with my carbon and I'm glad I didn't find the RV buyers beware of keystone page before my purchase cause it would have scared me from buying my unit and I might have ended up with a forest river or a heartland, then I'd really have a lemon to worry about. Haha
steve slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:32 PM   #63
tcob68

I work in the oilfield and I stay in my RV for 9-10 months out of the year. I am on my second Keystone. The first one was an 07 VR-1 that I bought used. I only had 1 minor issue in the 2 years that I owned it. After seeing the issues some of my friends were having with other brands of RV's I decided to go with another Keystone when I traded. I ended up buying a new 2012 Montana High Country and could not be more pleased! In the almost 4 years of heavy use the only issues I have had have been my fault.The only one minor issue I have had was a plastic fender skirt broke in the 2nd year. Ordered a new one and installed it. My rv's have been for work, so they don't have an easy life. They are outside 24/7, pulled over very rough roads at times and are lived in. Needless to say I will be a keystone customer for life!
Old 12-19-2015, 10:15 PM   #64
CaptnJohn

I've been towing for nearly 40 years with some dry periods. Many of the builders of long ago are no longer in business. They are gone but NOT because of a bad product. Years ago there were very few problems, major or minor. My last RV was a TT by Heartland with 2 minor problems. I now own a Cougar by Keystone which I have not spent a night in yet and hope all is fine and will find out on the month long shakedown 700 miles from home next month. I have faith in my dealer and the manager has said they have fewer problems with Cougar than many others and Keystone works with them. This dealer sells over 1200 units a year ~ certainly not all are Keystone~~~ but a large volume dealer possibly has more influence on the builder and keeping customers happy for referrals and repeat business should be the goal of every dealer and builder. Still hoping I have a unit with few problems and any are taken care of by the dealer.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:34 AM   #65
roadglide

I have had some problems and to be honest my dealer is very good taking care of them. Keystone is standing behind there product. I'm glad we got the coach Net extended warranty.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote