Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
Audiobahn18s

Question 32bhpr Coupler / Ball Height?

Hello, After years of dreaming of owning a travel trailer and enjoying camping, my wife and I have finally pulled the trigger and are buying a new 2013 Bullet Premier 32bhpr. We are super excited to pick it up in early April! In preparation to make the drive to pick it up, I have been researching weight distributing Hitches. I have decided on the Equalizer 12k, but I cant find any information regarding the coupler height of 32bhpr so I can get the proper shank. Do any of you other Premier owners happen to know the measurement from the top of the coupler when the TT is parallel to the ground?
Audiobahn18s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
snow

we have a 2013 31bhpr I just checked the height and its 24 1/2 " to the top of the coupler, hope this helps if you have anymore ?s ask away or send me a PM . ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄
Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Audiobahn18s

I called keystone earlier today and I talked to a very nice young woman who said 20 1/4 inches. She didn't seem very confident in what she was telling me though. That is a pretty dramatic difference as compared to your measurement, assuming the 31 and 32 have the same height. I really appreciate your help. I'll try making a couple more phone calls and see if I can get any more info. Thanks again

Ryan
Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
MISailor

I'm pretty sure all of the PR's are designed to have the same coupler height since the specs for all show the same overall coach height, same tires, etc. I measured my 19FBPR today because I need to reconfigure my ball mount for my new TV. The top of my coupler was right at 24". I checked the level of the floor before measuring, so the only place that I can be off would be slight variation in the pavement between the wheels and the jack, but the ground where it is parked looks level to the eye.

I think I'll preset my ball to 25" which will get be close enough to pull the unit the 3 miles home from storage in the spring and then make fine adjustments when I have it here.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Audiobahn18s

Thank you everyone for all your help. I called keystone back and talked to a guy who explained the 20 1/4 is the measurement to the top of the mounting surface for the ball. So assuming a standard ball is 3" tall, that would place the top of the ball at 23 1/4. So a measurement of 24" that you other bullet owners are getting at the top of the coupler sounds just about right. Am I over looking anything?
Old 02-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
MISailor

I think that's right. I just checked my ball and it is 3-1/4" tall. So, on a ball mount set at 20-1/4 I'd be at 23-1/2. The top of the ball is flat, but the coupler is rounded accounting for another 1/4 inch or so. So 24" +/- 1/4" should get you pretty close.

The instructions for my WD system suggests setting the ball 3/4-1" above the level couple height, so you may want to shoot for a shank that will allow you to position your ball at about 25".
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
snow

MISailor x2 that should be real close 25" Audiobahn18s I tried to send you a pm but maybe it didn't go yes my measurements were like the example you sent me and I got 17" to the top of my receiver on my 07 Denali , P.S . That's a nice lookin RV good luck ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄
Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
Audiobahn18s

Thanks for all your help guys. I've narrowed it down to the shank I need. I just wish manufacturers would post this spec with all the other aspects of the TT. That would save a lot of headache. And I just got your PM Snow. Thanks for your help. My wife and I can't wait to pick up our TT!!