Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
Outbackmel

Wink Towing 300mp toyhauler

Considering buying a Raptor. Please share what you tow with and experiences good or bad. I am willing to step up from my Dodge 2500 to a dually OR possibly selling both BIG motorcycles and buying smaller, lighter rides. Also need to get a feel on difficulty of loading and unloading on what appears to be a fairly steep rear ramp.

If this is not an option, perhaps time to buy a motorhome and trailer for the bikes. At ages 65 and 70, wife and I are in good shape and are bz scratching items off our bucket list.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
C130

I just bought a Fuzion 322 which is 35 feet long. I pull it with a 2011 F250 and it pulls it fine but I wouldn't go any bigger than what I have without a dually. I picked it up and drove about five hours home and it was pretty windy(around 20-25 mph) and had no issues. Stopping is where my biggest fear is and I've never driven a dually but imagine it's much better pulling, especially the larger toy haulers. After my total of about 400 miles pulling mine so far there is no way I would pull a 40 ft. 5th wheel with my F250 though I have friends that do it.
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Outbackmel

Thanks for the Fuzion info

I think I will have the wife tow the bikes on our open 2 bike hauler versus going the toyhauler route. Concerned too much weight once i get those 2 beasts in the back. 1650 pounds with both back there. Reluctant to go motorhome route as we have several friends who exited that mode recently at huge losses. We will enjoy our Outback 5er and just rent a bike from time to time when traveling across country
I will sleep better on this decision tonight. 10 years ago, 3500 and toyhauler. At 70, thinking after a couple of trips we will want out.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote