Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2022, 04:11 PM   #1
Gator6

Fuzion Schematics

Has anyone had any luck acquiring schematics for their Keystone? I do modifications here and there, but usually don't know what I'm getting into until I'm "in there". It would be nice if I could look ahead to devise a plan of attack prior to starting a job.

2019 Fuzion 424
2022 Ram 3500 Max Tow CrewCab
Gator6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 04:32 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

No such thing exists unfortunately. Even identical models rolling off the line on the same day are built differently.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 04:37 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
No such thing exists unfortunately. Even identical models rolling off the line on the same day are built differently.
Yup!!! Makes troubleshooting loads of fun!!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 04:54 PM   #4
Gator6

Thanks guys, I had to ask. It is interesting that there is nothing that they have to go on to slap these things together. It really shows why there is a problem today with what is coming off the line.

2019 Fuzion 424
Old 12-11-2022, 05:40 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator6 View Post
Thanks guys, I had to ask. It is interesting that there is nothing that they have to go on to slap these things together. It really shows why there is a problem today with what is coming off the line.
They (Keystone) has engineering prints and wiring schematics that they use as, IMO, "targets to shoot for".... Each and every trailer will be built "slightly differently" from the rest. It's not personalization of the model, but the "low commitment for precision and standardization" that exists in every RV manufacturing line...

Keystone has, since inception and the first models, refused to share those engineering drawings with anyone. Even dealerships have a difficult time obtaining schematics to troubleshoot trailer problems. About the only thing I've seen from Keystone has been a very limited drawing to depict solar equipment installation or to diagram "holding tank interface plumbing" on some very isolated problems that might have turned into a recall if the information had not been shared.....

If you happen to ever run across a copy of the blueprints for any Keystone product, it would be worth its weight in gold on the open market as it would be the only blueprints available to the public.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 10:23 PM   #6
dutchmensport

What JRTJH said above. Unfortunately, for ALL of us, any work done on ANY of our Keystone campers is all trial-and-error, Jack-of-all-trades, throw-the-dice-and-hope-for-the-best, and learn-as-you-go type of modifications! Just jump in and start doing it! And yes ... you'll encounter a LOT of surprises when you do! (none of them will be good).
Old 12-12-2022, 08:32 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

I agree with the above on schematic availability. Another thing I've learned; don't start an "unknown" project when the stores are closed, ie; Sundays, late evenings etc. It's then that you most assuredly will run into "what the heck is that", "why did they do that", "oh crap" moments.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 09:53 AM   #8
Gator6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I agree with the above on schematic availability. Another thing I've learned; don't start an "unknown" project when the stores are closed, ie; Sundays, late evenings etc. It's then that you most assuredly will run into "what the heck is that", "why did they do that", "oh crap" moments.
The majority of my larger scale projects happened prior to the current outing we’re on. I’ve done some projects while on the road, but always insist on being near a well stocked home improvement store…the wife doesn’t really understand that somehow. The 424 has that hidden corner pantry, the tv and fireplace swing out of the way…. Months of the kids yanking on this thing caused the joints to weaken and the thing was about as sturdy as a wet cardboard box, but I was in Yosemite and the nearest Ace wasn’t much help. I drove an hour away to a Lowe’s, and had to rely on a list and some pictures when it came to gathering materials. What a task, but it’s probably better than factory now!

2019 Fuzion 424
Old 12-18-2022, 08:30 AM   #9
Archergodwin

It is truly amazing the money they charge for some of the worst craftsmanship I've ever seen.

I've been into the deep guts and wiring of our 403 Touring Edition...its abysmal.
Full-time in my Fuzion since 2011
USAF Vet. B-52G Crewchief.
Archergodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 02:32 PM   #10
Kzneft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archergodwin View Post
It is truly amazing the money they charge for some of the worst craftsmanship I've ever seen.

I've been into the deep guts and wiring of our 403 Touring Edition...its abysmal.
haha, yes, welcome to the RV world. One thing I did on mine (2019) was I noticed all the ground wires below the braker panel were all loose. Some of the wires were almost coming out. Tighten them all, otherwise you might get weird things happening without a good ground.
Kzneft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion