Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2022, 08:12 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDMarlowe View Post
Thanks Flybouy. Yeah, the first thing I checked was to make sure I put the new valve in correctly. Fortunately for me, the PEX lines are long enough that I could pull them out of the cabinet and work on it in my lap. I haven't used the trailer much in the last year because of various schedule conflicts and have only had the opportunity to fill and drain a couple of times. I will be going next weekend to a campground with full hookups and will take advantage of that to see if the nozzle will clear.

I really appreciate all of the people on this forum and the incredible amount of knowledge that all of you wonderful people are willing to share.
I think that "at least a part" of your problems may be in the first bolded statement. Black tank contents, as they dry, "turn to concrete like" density. Think back to the paper mache you made as a kid. Newspaper, water and a little soap/paste and once dry, it was not going to bend or release from what it was stuck to.

It's the same with your spray nozzle on the "black tank flush system" (which is, in itself a mis-nomer as it's more like a "weak stream flush system"). The dissolved paper, solid contents and water in the black tank for a "paper mache like solution" that will adhere to the openings in the spray nozzle and getting that stuff out so it will flow freely again is a task for sure....

As Danny suggested, a few gallons of hot water and a big dose of Dawn at the start of your trip, let that "slosh around while you're towing, then make sure the black tank content level is "above the spray nozzle" for the weekend, which will keep the "plugs in the spray holes" wet for a couple of days. Then, on the last day of the trip, connect a hose to the flush system and while someone inside monitors the anti-siphon valve to yell if it's leaking, turn on the water and keep your fingers crossed. That just may dislodge the plugs and get things flowing again.

If it doesn't, "all is not lost" as you can loosen a few screws/nails on your coroplast, locate the spray nozzle, cut an access in the coroplast and "attack it through that access".

Hopefully just a good "warm water and Dawn soap enema" will do the trick.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black_tank_flusher_block_diagram.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	41943   Click image for larger version

Name:	TANK FLUSH SPRAY HEAD in usea.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	41944   Click image for larger version

Name:	TANK FLUSH SPRAY HEAD in useb.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	41945  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:43 AM   #22
PDMarlowe

Thanks for the idea, but it didn't work for me. It could be the fact that the drive was only a couple of hours and it didn't slosh long enough. I left it full for 2 days and tried to flush it to no avail. I then tried Black Tank Commando for about 12 hours and that didn't cut it either. So, it's put away for the winter. I will try filling it in the spring and leaving it for a fee weeks to see if that helps. I'm afraid to try compressed air for fear of damaging it. Any other suggestions? BTW, I did remove the check valve, it was installed correctly, tested it and it worked easily.
PDMarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 05:25 PM   #23
LHaven

My plastic factory unit went plotz on yhis last trip. Is this the bad boy I'm looking for? I notice the sexes are reversed, just to make it interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/SharkBite-173...s%2C733&sr=8-8
Old 07-08-2023, 05:42 PM   #24
chuckster57
Site Team

That one will be fine!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone