Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2022, 12:42 PM   #1
W5WI

Landing Gear Will not raise

Hello,

After pulling my 5'er from OK to MO I was setting up in a campground and discovered that I could not raise my camper but could lower it using the switch.

After a search on the internet and much head scratching I decided to turn the switch over and see what happened. Well now it raises and won't lower...

Score one for a bad switch!

My 5'er is a 2011 326MKS Cougar. Does anyone have a good part number for the switch? An internet search shows several sites with "switches" but are they all okay? Any thoughts or experience is appreciated.

dale
2017 Ford F-250 4X4 CC 6.7 diesel

W5WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 06:26 PM   #2
dutchmensport

No idea on the switch, but this last Summer I had a front landing jack gear get stripped (electric). Now that was fun! Anyway, at the campground, I was able to raise the camper (on one leg), get supports under the stripped jack frame side, and lower it somewhat level. I then (just got lucky I suppose) went to the closest RV dealership (Keystone products) and they had the entire jack. I was able to switch them out, re-homed the Lippert 6 point leveling system, and it's been working fine ever since.

My suggestion? Remove the switch, take it to your closest RV dealership that sells your brand and see if the parts department can match it. This saves a lot of time, guess work, and the possibility of buying one on-line that might end up not being the right one, and then you just lost your money and end up doing another trail and error attempt, spending even more.

Take some photos of the actual jacks, and the trailer with you, so they know exactly what you are dealing with.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:43 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Any "reversible switch with the correct amperage capacity" will work. The "trick" as far as I'm concerned, is finding one that fits the current hole and sort of matches the rest of the switches... That's the key, at least to me. The only way I know to "match up the switch to the others" is to take it to an RV parts store and look at what they have on the shelf. Most have 6 or 8 different style/colors in stock, so it's a matter of picking what you like.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
landing gear