Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2022, 04:22 AM   #1
Sarge332

Auto Level issue

This may have been covered in another thread, but I can’t find it if it has. Anyway, I have a 2015 Raptor 332 TS with Lippert auto level system. My issue started with a blank screen when I turned power on. Found that I could pull the fuse, reinstall and the system reset and screen would work. Yesterday, I unhitched from the truck and pushed the auto level and started to ‘walk away’…. Noticed it dropped the front end all the way down and just kept trying to ‘ground the jacks.’. I shut it down and tried multiple time with the same result. I ended up leveling manually. Not the end of the world, but I’m a “if it’s installed, it should work” kinda guy.

Anyone ever run into this and know of a potential fix?

TIA

PS… battery is fully charged and I’m hooked to shore power.
Sarge332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 05:45 AM   #2
ChuckS

If this is the six point hyd level up system then ..

The first motion when auto level is selected will always be to Dip the nose downward and then the nose moves upward to best front to back level

Followed by drivers side mid/rear then passenger side mid/rear leveling for side to side with a FINAL front to back touch up for best zero level position

IF you start the auto level with the nose below level ( a negative value ) then sometimes as the system dips that nose it keeps driving the nose down till it errors

Why? The system is looking for a change in front to back value from a positive degree angle to a negative degree angle

What I would do is

.. remove the control panel and reseat the single plug harness on the backside

.. go to the front of the RV and locate the forward front controller and remove the single red wire that’s plugged into the controller and leave it out for a few minutes

.. this removes power to the entire system
.. while the red wire is removed then remove and reinstall the remaining plugs on the forward control module and then reconnect single red wire and test system do a MANUAL level

Once you have the RV leveled then perform a Zero Reset calibration to store the level condition you just established

Now manually retract the mid rear levelers and raise the nose slightly and select auto level and observe operation

Make sure before you select auto level that you have the nose raised to a positive degree position and when you push auto level nose should dip and then rise to level front to back..followed by remainder of sequence

If the system still gives issue then the most likely issue is either a loose remote rear sensor, loose plug on the harness at the remote rear sensor or bad sensor

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:10 AM   #3
wifi_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge332 View Post
This may have been covered in another thread, but I can’t find it if it has. Anyway, I have a 2015 Raptor 332 TS with Lippert auto level system. My issue started with a blank screen when I turned power on. Found that I could pull the fuse, reinstall and the system reset and screen would work. Yesterday, I unhitched from the truck and pushed the auto level and started to ‘walk away’…. Noticed it dropped the front end all the way down and just kept trying to ‘ground the jacks.’. I shut it down and tried multiple time with the same result. I ended up leveling manually. Not the end of the world, but I’m a “if it’s installed, it should work” kinda guy.

Anyone ever run into this and know of a potential fix?

TIA

PS… battery is fully charged and I’m hooked to shore power.
Sounds like it lost it's calibration. I would just zero calibrate it. Should be a relatively simple fix.
wifi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote