Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2021, 03:40 AM   #1
Millertyme76

Low Priced Surge Protector

I saw this in another group and thought I would share. I bought mine a year ago for twice the price. It helped me track down an issue with the pedestal power tripping. I found out I couldn't run AC, water heater on electric, and coffee maker at the same time. The bluetooth usage display on the phone is nice.

https://www.amazon.com/Hughes-Autofo...07PRS5NPB?th=1
2022 Prime Time Avenger 27DBS (Bought New 2022)
2021 Ford F250 XL 6.2L (Bought Used 2024)
Husky 32215 WDH
Millertyme76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
travelin texans

From reading I can't determine if it's only a surge protector or a complete energy management system (EMS). If it's only surge protection then that's probably a good price, but for real protection from any/all electrical anomalies you need the EMS.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:50 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
From reading I can't determine if it's only a surge protector or a complete energy management system (EMS). If it's only surge protection then that's probably a good price, but for real protection from any/all electrical anomalies you need the EMS.

Reading on Amazon it sounds almost like just a surge protector but when I pulled it up on Huges Autoformers webpage the paragraph above the "add to cart" buttons says it does shut down for issues other than high/low voltage so sounds like it's probably a good deal.

https://hughesautoformers.com/product/pwd30-epo/
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:16 AM   #4
Bustinbeards

Dang, This post just cost me some money! Appreciate the heads up. Pretty good deal at half price with free shipping
Bustinbeards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Reading on Amazon it sounds almost like just a surge protector but when I pulled it up on Huges Autoformers webpage the paragraph above the "add to cart" buttons says it does shut down for issues other than high/low voltage so sounds like it's probably a good deal.

https://hughesautoformers.com/product/pwd30-epo/
I did the same, looked at on Amazon and thought "just a surge protector" then looked ar the Hughes website and thought " that's an EMS". It's a shame Hughes mixes the terms as most folks are confused on the differences when reading about these devices.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:05 PM   #6
Skillet173

Be careful.
There is a 50A portable on Amazon as well. I ordered it twice and received the hardwired one twice. The pictures, description, and listing are all for the portable, only the model number has the "H" on it.
Then Amazon "lost" the return even though there was a UPS label which confirmed it was returned.
Purchased it from a reputable RV online source and got it the next day for same price!

Got tired of "fighting stupid" (LEO) after 27 years and retired.
Active MX rider/racer, parent, sponsor, mechanic, transporter, and race fan for my son.
Skillet173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 04:36 PM   #7
TimC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet173 View Post
Be careful.
There is a 50A portable on Amazon as well. I ordered it twice and received the hardwired one twice. The pictures, description, and listing are all for the portable, only the model number has the "H" on it.
Then Amazon "lost" the return even though there was a UPS label which confirmed it was returned.
Purchased it from a reputable RV online source and got it the next day for same price!
Same thing happened to me. Except the twice part was I accidentally added it to my cart twice and ordered two at once without noticing.

But, I ordered the portable version and got the hardwired. It was a happy mistake for me because I actually did want a hardwired. But, for some reason when I was searching for these I didn’t run across the hardwired so just bought the portable. I was on a roll that day.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote