Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #21
Patrice

Very interesting setup you have... I am new to this blog and just acquired a 2012 Raptor 410lev. I have yet to inspect the electrical system but looks like I'll have some work to do...
As your post is a bit dated, I was wondering if this modification met your expectations.
In addition, can this be done without changing the converter?
Thanks.
Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:54 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Patrice,

If you open member Glissa's profile you'll see immediately under his name:
"Last Activity: 12-13-2015 05:02 PM" Since he hasn't signed into the forum for more than a year, you likely won't get a response from him. You might try starting your own thread and ask the questions you'd like answered. That may get you the desired information faster than anticipating a response from Glissa.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:55 AM   #23
glissa

HI there and I'm sorry for the late response. It is true, I have not logged in in some time as I have a very young family of 3 to which the youngest just turned 1 yrs old, and I just finished restoring a Mustang so needless to say, I haven't had a lot of spare time...

To answer your question, yes this converter upgrade was worth it. However, I have had some issues with the actual converter itself. I believe that they had some manufacturing issues in the beginning because I had two converters that just decided to become "paper weights" for no apparent reason....? The folks at Boondocker have been very good to deal with overall. They have sent me replacements when ever I had one of their converters pack it in on me. My only recommendation as a look back now would be, keep your original converter somewhere in the RV so you can access it in a pinch. As I mentioned, I haven't had an issue in over a year with the new and improved converter however it's always my luck that things go wrong when ever I'm as far away from civilization as possible so I still keep my old WFCO unit with me at all times just in case ;-)
glissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #24
Keshka

How are you making out?

Glissa;
how are your two 6v batteries holding up and what brand/model are they. (nice setup btw!)

I am currently running a CAT 8D battery 12v at 210 AH and 132lbs. Have been using it since 2014 and it's still running strong but I will never buy another CAT battery as of about 4 yrs ago they dropped their 6yr warranty and the quality went south. I have purchase about four other batteries from CAT with in the last four and none have made it past 2 yrs used in cars/trucks.

Keshka
Keshka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, fuzion, generator, modify, toyhauler