Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2021, 03:36 PM   #1
mccannsg57

Window sticker

Good evening, I have a Keystone TT and am looking to upgrade to a 5th wheel.
While looking through paper work for the TT I noticed I didn’t have a window sticker for it. I’ll chalk that up to 1st time buyer. I have looked at 3 brands of 5th wheels. 2 have had window stickers while Keystone has not and have been told Keystone doesn’t do that by the salesman.Tomorrow I’m going to call and talk to someone at Keystone. I’m also going to another dealership and see what the say. What has been others experience with this? Thank you for sharing your experience
mccannsg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:45 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Most manufacturers don’t produce a “window sticker” for RV’s. In calif, there is a “price sheet” that is displayed on the counter or dinette table. I’m not sure what the law is regarding window stickers.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:00 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I've never seen a "factory produced window sticker" on any Keystone RV. All that I've ever seen is a "dealer produced MSRP report" (for lack of a better term) that lists all the features of the model, the optional equipment (much of which is "mandatory packages" that are built into the trailer without the ability to elect not to have those packages.

Every dealership that I've been in, the format for that "MSRP report" is different, so there's not much chance that it was produced at the factory. I'd add that I've also seen the exact same trailer for sale on 3 different dealership lots with a different MSRP at each location. So, not much chance that Keystone is selling the same trailer at 3 dealerships with a "window sticker" printed in a different font, color, size and dollar amount....

The only MSRP that I've ever seen that's consistent is the MSRP listed on the Keystone website and even that seems to change from time to time.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #4
mccannsg57

I used “window sticker” as a generic term. Chuckster’s term of price sheet is probably better. Yes, 2 brands had the brand logo on the price sheet/window sticker in or on the 5th wheel but nothing on any Keystones that I have looked at. With the salesman saying Keystone doesn’t provide them, they have to call corporate for it, just sounds sketchy to me. I was wondering what others have experienced in buying from other Keystone dealers. I was talking with another forum participant who bought the same model I’m looking at who said they didn’t get one. Keystones website says just about everything is standard yet the dealer is saying it’s an option. Thanks for replying to you and Chuckster
mccannsg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:23 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

"Back in the day" there used to be a "sort of" window sticker in some RVs but stuck on the top of a cabinet. Those "stickers" didn't come from the manufacturer but instead provided by the dealership. Just watch the umpteen RV videos I do and you will see some that have them.

Unlike a car the RVs are sent to dealer and for all intents and purposes, from what I can tell, looking at them around the country, the msrp/selling price/markup etc. all happen at the dealership. Unlike a car dealership an RV dealership can pick and choose brands; drop them if they want. It's all about how they can make money. A "factory" window sticker sitting in the window of an RV would then work to tie the hands of that dealer as he tried to make deals....ie; make money. There are hot spots and dead spots when selling an RV. They guys in the hot spots want to show that msrp, and their "great" selling price, as high as they can, to get the most they can and make the greatest amount of money - hence no sticker.

In your search I would suggest you look at exactly where that little price sticker you are seeing comes from (if you see one in this sales environment). I would suspect it is entirely fabricated at the dealership. I suggested to you in another thread where you asked the same question to go to the Keystone RV website and pull/print all the information you were looking for. On that site the suggested msrp for each model is also given.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:26 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannsg57 View Post
I used “window sticker” as a generic term. Chuckster’s term of price sheet is probably better. Yes, 2 brands had the brand logo on the price sheet/window sticker in or on the 5th wheel but nothing on any Keystones that I have looked at. With the salesman saying Keystone doesn’t provide them, they have to call corporate for it, just sounds sketchy to me. I was wondering what others have experienced in buying from other Keystone dealers. I was talking with another forum participant who bought the same model I’m looking at who said they didn’t get one. Keystones website says just about everything is standard yet the dealer is saying it’s an option. Thanks for replying to you and Chuckster

The highlighted is where you need to know what is and what ain't included. Read those Keystone pages and you will see that some of those, if not most, options are mandatory. I've seen dealerships add a price to that but that's just fluff. A "mandatory" option isn't an "option" and is included in the price.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:46 PM   #7
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannsg57 View Post
I used “window sticker” as a generic term. Chuckster’s term of price sheet is probably better. Yes, 2 brands had the brand logo on the price sheet/window sticker in or on the 5th wheel but nothing on any Keystones that I have looked at. With the salesman saying Keystone doesn’t provide them, they have to call corporate for it, just sounds sketchy to me.
Not a price sticker, but related...

A few months back, since we couldn't go anywhere due to COVID, I sprung for a ceramic coating from a local independent shop. When I got the rig back, I discovered they had buffed all the unit-specific type off the VIN-weights-and-tires sticker. I contacted Keystone to get a replacement. Now, I realize that VIN information is a bit of a controlled substance, because I had to go through this same process on my old rig when I had to replace the body panel that had the VIN sticker attached, due to damage. The manufacturer was nice enough to work with me as long as I could provide proof of ownership, photos of the old sticker, and so on. Not Keystone, the entire phone call was like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher. I didn't appreciate that kind of "service."

Turns out I had a superb photo of the sticker from back when I was calculating weights and balances, so I laser-printed it, laminated it, and mounted it to the inside of the cargo door, but that was all pure luck.

But I'm not surprised to hear someone else found Keystone unwilling to provide paperwork of a related type to the end user.