Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2021, 08:55 AM   #21
BDaigle

Ground Control 3.0

I have the Lippert Ground control 3.0 system. When you press both the right and left buttons for reconnecting back to the truck the rears come up first and when they are fully raised the fronts drop down to pick up the front of the camper back to the last hitch height. The system sets the correct height probably 90% of the time for me. When it isn’t right it is usually a little too low and I have to raise the front a little. Something is not right if the front jacks are extending to raise the front and the rear jacks are still grounded. Something is out of sequence and you will possibly damage your rear jacks.
BDaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:54 AM   #22
CedarCreekWoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Mine worked 50% of time til as Javi mentioned if the site is unlevel for the truck with the rv level you'll still have to do it manually. I used the return feature for awhile but found it just as fast & easy to do manually. Also if you have tweak the rv a bit for the DW you will have lost the return memory.
I should point out I have an Andersen hitch and alignment may not be as critcal as a conventional hitch.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:32 PM   #23
skmct

I have 2014 Montana hc with the same controller as the op. It works perfect 90% of the time. What I have found is the front must be higher than the rear when unhooking if the front is not higher than the rear before you start auto level the exact same thing that is happening to the op happens
skmct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:13 PM   #24
foldbak

I have a 2018 and mine works perfectly in all modes. A bit of a learning curve and calibrating. Lippert has an app and excellent customer service. It's called myLCI.

Tony & Donna & Murphy
2022 Montana HC 295RL, Solar Flex 400, Onan 3600 LPG, 2000 inverter, 200AH Lithium, 2020 GMC Denali 2500 6.6 Duramax, 10 speed Alison Trans, Demco 21K Auto Slide
foldbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:28 PM   #25
sfem192

My suggestion would be to contact Lippert. As mentioned before they have great customer service and will help you. I use the auto reconnect all the time and it works great for me.
sfem192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:08 AM   #26
PeteK

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmct View Post
I have 2014 Montana hc with the same controller as the op. It works perfect 90% of the time. What I have found is the front must be higher than the rear when unhooking if the front is not higher than the rear before you start auto level the exact same thing that is happening to the op happens
From the Lippert Ground Control 3.0 manual:

If the auto level sequence was started with the front of the trailer in a below-level condition, the Hitch Recognition will not function and the LCD will display “Feature Disabled.” In order for the Hitch Recognition feature to function, the auto level sequence must be started with the front of the trailer above level

2021 Keystone Cougar 29RKS - "Beauty"
2019 Ford F-250 - 6.2LTR - 3.73 - "The Beast"
PeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:26 PM   #27
jfk69

I’m with Javi. At this point, after several trips and moving the rig, I’ve found that as long as the front is slightly higher than the rear, the auto level works awesome. When it’s time to leave, I do a manual retract on my electric Lippert 3.0 system. Trying any other way, including return to hitch and auto retract does nothing but lead to error codes on the jacks. It’s simple to hold the button and eliminate a headache with a jack error.
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:40 AM   #28
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk69 View Post
I’m with Javi. At this point, after several trips and moving the rig, I’ve found that as long as the front is slightly higher than the rear, the auto level works awesome. When it’s time to leave, I do a manual retract on my electric Lippert 3.0 system. Trying any other way, including return to hitch and auto retract does nothing but lead to error codes on the jacks. It’s simple to hold the button and eliminate a headache with a jack error.

This is what I do. I bought the trailer for "auto level" and not all the other "auto" things the system will do.....to many errors and things that need to be just right. I use manual for most everything but auto level and it never fails....unless I let the dealership mess with it!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:08 AM   #29
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
This is what I do. I bought the trailer for "auto level" and not all the other "auto" things the system will do.....to many errors and things that need to be just right. I use manual for most everything but auto level and it never fails....unless I let the dealership mess with it!
My exact sentiments.. I use auto level only on the six point hydraulic level up and manual for everything else.. never an issue…

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:40 PM   #30
Nankipoo

My front end has always been higher when unhooking from truck. I have gave up on it. I just manually raise the rear then let the fronts down to hook up. Isn't that big of a deal to do.
Nankipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:44 PM   #31
chuckster57
Site Team

Auto retract rear doesn’t work?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:57 AM   #32
Nankipoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Not sure if I've tried that.
Nankipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:32 AM   #33
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
There is only auto retract ALL... at least on mine...

In fact if you try to put down only one side of the rear jacks, both sides go down.. curb side first then street side.. after they're both down you can raise one side or the other of the trailer ... The landing gear will only move together except on auto level.. on mine the curb side goes down and grounds then the street side will follow until grounded then they go together... until you hit auto level...

Auto retract all .... will raise the rear jacks and then the landing gear...

When I had the GC3 there was a lot more functionality and it had auto retract rear... the Hydraulic version does not..
Old 06-03-2021, 07:57 AM   #34
captcolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteK View Post
From the Lippert Ground Control 3.0 manual:

If the auto level sequence was started with the front of the trailer in a below-level condition, the Hitch Recognition will not function and the LCD will display “Feature Disabled.” In order for the Hitch Recognition feature to function, the auto level sequence must be started with the front of the trailer above level
Exactly, which is why the return to hitch height doesn't work well on the newer systems. I seem to always increase the front height after unhooking to get the front above level to begin the "auto level" process.

When I hitch back up, I retract the rear to get them all off the ground, then raise the front to the appropriate level and hook up. Then I use the retract all once hitched which saves a little time standing there holding buttons. I usually use this time to walk around the RV for last minute checks.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote