Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2020, 05:38 AM   #1
Yamatime

Suburban furnace clicks one time

I have a 2013 Laredo with a suburban furnace. The furnace has worked fine up until last weekend. When I call for heat on the thermostat I only hear a single click at the furnace. The blower does not come on... Nothing happens. I've checked the fuses, I have propane (stove lights no problem which is right next to the furnace). I tried jumping the thermostat and nothing happens. If I turn the thermostat off and call for heat again, same thing happens. One click at the furnace then nothing. Any ideas? I've Googled it and seems it may be the board. Is there anything I need to check. I know the furnace runs off 12 volt and my batteries are fine.
Yamatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:01 PM   #2
RichC

Same issue here

Mine is very similar to yours. I get one "tick" from the igniter then a lower pitched "tuc".

Stove works fine and I'm on shore power. I've been using the furnace for several weeks.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

If the furnace “clicks” and nothing happens it could be a couple of different things. The fan will be the first thing to turn on, it could be a bad “limit” switch. It could be a bad motor, it could be a bad control board.

If your mechanically inclined troubleshooting isn’t that hard.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:13 AM   #4
ChuckS

You state you checked the fuse for furnace... is that actually a fuse for your furnace or an ATC style resettable fuse? If it’s the later then you may be hearing fuse open up...

I’d temp swap in a 15 or 20 amp fuse and try the furnace.. the ignitor isn’t going to do anything AT ALL unless the blower fan is running AND sail switch paddle arm has moved to complete the electrical circuit.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace