Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #21
chris199

GCWR is the sum of your tow vehicle (TV), stuff in TV, full tank of gas, people in TV, the trailer, and all your stuff in the trailer. If you put your whole rig....TV and trailer on a scale...that's the GCWR.

Max tow weight (assuming your Yukon is adequately equipped) is 7800 lb. This includes the trailer and your stuff in the trailer.

You also need to pay attention to the gross weight of your TV on its own including the weight of the truck (5192 per edmunds), tank of gas, people, stuff in truck, hitch weight of trailer when your stuff is in the trailer. This should not exceed 6800 lb...per edmunds.

Everyone.....correct me if I missed something here.....Hope this helps!

Just went thru this same thing with my Tundra and a new Cougar 32SAB. Had to put everything in a spreadsheet so I understood the weights. Will be headed to a truck stop to confirm TV weight (loaded), just hitch weight on trailer, trailer weight, and total rig weight. Too risky to tow when you don't know if you're set up safely!!

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote