Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
Fishingrodburner

New Member Texas Pipeliner

Hello everyone. I'd like to say that I'm glad I found this site. I think I will be able to learn a lot from current owners and people with more experience than myself. I hope I can also help someone along the way.
We have been looking for a 5th wheel RV for a while and we've almost decided on a sprinter/copper canyon 324fwbhs. I work out of town a lot these days and my wife and young son visit often so we think this will be a good match. If any current or former owners or knowledgable people care to share their opinion on this model it would be very much appreciated. I'll be pulling it with my '05 Dodge 3500 QC DRW 4x4.
Fishingrodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
Javi

Howdy, and welcome to the forum.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and potentially to Keystone RVing.

First, it looks like you've got the truck to pull that size RV. Many new members don't, so you're ahead of the curve there. A couple considerations for you:

1. If you're planning to live in it during the winter, be advised that it is not a "true 4 season trailer". You will have to make some accommodations to be able to use it in below freezing conditions. While "doable", it's not as easy as just turning up the thermostat. There are a lot of threads about winter camping, modifying trailers to better suit the weather, etc. Don't believe the "polar pac" or "Arctic package" claims, they can be misleading.

2. If you're going to be staying around the D/FW area, you definitely want to consider 50 Amp service and a second air conditioner. I believe the Sprinter has an optional 15,000 BTU main air conditioner and a 13,500 BTU add on unit available. I'd recommend both, especially if your son is of the age to want to go in and out frequently.

Many people do "full time" in trailers of that size, it's certainly an option that will give you some flexibility.

Enjoy your time with us and if you have any questions that you can't find the answers by searching the existing threads, start a new thread and ask away.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
outwest

If you haven't already, I suggest printing out the PDI list and taking it with you when you pick up your new trailer and check off each item. And, insist on dealer doing a walkthrough. The last dealer I dealt with, Robbins RV in Idabell, OK, wouldn't do squat in the way of a walkthrough. He pretty much just gave us the keys and then disappeared into the shop.

The crazy thing was that there were upgrades I wanted to do when buying the unit and he had zero interest in upselling us anything. The only upselling they seemed interested in doing (which we didn't do) was the dealer's wife tried to sell us an extended warranty.

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5129

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
324fwbhs, copper canyon, sprinter