Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Full-timers & Snowbirds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #21
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durga View Post
I'm trying to post a photo - but when I select the photo icon it asks me for an URL.
That can't be right --- but anyway, the photo ok of the Atwood tank is at top of thread.

Thank you for your consideration
Well, certainly, but it doesn't show where you put the new valve, or what positions the other valves are in now.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:09 PM   #22
Durga

I felt the same way about inconclusive weirdness with checking out cold water too.
But I :

- checked hose was st ill at good pressure from house
- check hose for kinks or car parked on it
- cold water was definitely running before I started work o n the Atwood heater
- i only touched the plugs and screws at the heater in photos above.
Durga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:25 PM   #23
Durga

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191003-221145_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	23919

Name:	20191003_091637.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	23920
Old 10-03-2019, 09:37 PM   #24
LHaven

I can see the new valve on the LHS of your photo, but it's just impossible for me to visualize the connections here. The bypass tube obscures all the connections behind it. I can't figure out what ultimately connects to the elbow with the new valve on it, or where it comes from. I'd need a photo taken from a much lower angle to "see behind" the bypass tube. I know this is tough -- I had to take six photos of my own WH before I had one that I was satisfied showed all the plumbing paths clearly.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:11 PM   #25
LHaven

OK, when I opened the photo into its own tab, I got much more detail. (I'm so happy mine is plumbed in red and blue pipe instead of all white.)

I think what I am seeing is this (image, properly erected). The red is hot, the blue is cold and the green is bypass. The hard part was seeing how the hot tube is connected between A and B, so if you just assure me that it is, then I understand the flow here.

What I would suggest is that you turn the hose feed on, then pop the pressure relief valve on the outside of the heater. That will tell you whether cold is feeding into the heater. I'm guessing it won't be, because regardless of whatever you have done to the heater, there is a direct blue path from the left side of the photo to the rightmost blue blob (above the heater) that feeds something and doesn't touch the heater at all; and yet you claim that no cold water is running anywhere. (Did you check the toilet and the outside faucet?)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	plumbg.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	23921  
Old 10-04-2019, 02:54 AM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
I think I finally have all the parts - but after installing the new check valve I now have NO WATER PRESSURE for any water -- HOT OR COLD FAUCETS. ��

I have the new fixture on the top ( superior) and not replaced bottom ( inferior ) . Is it correct that hot water comes from the top fixture?
I have been through some " McGeyvoring" of parts before this - but this is the correct valve I believe.

I screwed in the new Check Valve so that the arrow is facing OUTTWARD away from tank.

It's crazy to me that there's now zero water pressure.
Please help - thoughts are much appreciated.
I assume you turned the water off to work on it. Are you sure you turned it back on?
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:57 AM   #27
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Click on the paperclip in advanced reply. That will pop open a page where you click on attach file, search for the file location, click on the file's name, then click on "upload'. It's easy to omit the upload file part.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:58 AM   #28
sourdough
Site Team

Installing a check valve on the hwh won't have anything to do with getting cold water to the rest of the RV. It has to be something in the feed line. Is water on? Do you have flow at the inlet on the outside? All faucets no cold water? Toilet no water? If no, check where your cold water comes into the RV inside the wall at the inlet port - do you have water there? (Yes, you will probably need a bowl to catch any water).

If you've lost all cold water for some reason it won't have to do with the check valve. It sounds like you installed it correctly (arrow pointing away from the hwh). If you can't get water to the faucets or toilet it will do you no good to pop the pressure valve on the hwh to try to fill it - it sounds like you lost the water somewhere upstream.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:40 AM   #29
Durga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
Check valve is on the left in your picture, or top when the picture is in correct rotation, I circled the check valve. Chris

I think I finally have all the parts - but after installing the new check valve I now have NO WATER PRESSURE for any water -- HOT OR COLD FAUCETS. ��

I have the new fixture on the top ( superior) and not replaced bottom ( inferior ) . Is it correct that hot water comes from the top fixture?*
I have been through some " McGeyvoring" of parts before this - but this is the correct valve I believe.*

I screwed in the new Check Valve so that the arrow is facing OUTTWARD away from tank.*

It's crazy to me that there's now zero water pressure.*
Please help - thoughts are much appreciated.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:03 AM   #30
flybouy
Site Team

As previously stated if the check for water entering the camper. Saying the check valve in the water heater stopped all cold water flow is like saying your hands hurt because your shoes are too tight.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #31
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
If you can't get water to the faucets or toilet it will do you no good to pop the pressure valve on the hwh to try to fill it - it sounds like you lost the water somewhere upstream.

My suggestion of popping the check valve was just to see if any cold water was entering the hot water heater or whether it was also starved out.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #32
Durga

Some water then nothing

Hose and house water are flowing as I disconnected camper and saw flow from hose.

Before the did that I could get some water from bathroom sink.

I can hear water rushing for a moment when in turn wnterization valve off and on at HWH.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #33
Snoking

If you remove the anode or open the pope off valve do you get water coming out of the tank?

Also does the water pump provide water to the facets? Chris

Tags
water