Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
rossgn

New guy

I just bought my first TT last night and pick it up Sat. morning with the help of my brother-in-law. Bought 2009 Sprinter 318fls......just been doing some searches for what I need to pack!...
rossgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
2011 keystone

Welcome to our group.
congrats on the new TT.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Congratulations and welcome. If you do a forum search - using the Search feature - you should find a thread or two about "things to pack" or something similar. A short time ago, someone asked this question and got a good response from our members.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
rhagfo

You might also check out the post on the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) things to check before taking delivery. This way you should get a great walk through and be sure everything is working on your new unit.
Congratulations on your new unit.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
CincyGus

Welcome and congrats Rossgn.

things to pack will vary depending on what type of camping you will be doing and with how many.

Will you have full hook ups?
If so, you will want at least 15' of a good sewer hose, I reccommend the RHINOFLEX. An extra 10' extention is nice to have in case you happen to get a site where the sewer pipe is too far from your dump valve hookup on your trailer. This is especially common on longer trailers that have their hook near on end or the other.

25'-50' of water hose is always good. Get a good quality white hose that will stand up to water pressure and it can be used for filling your water tank or city hookup.

A good heavy gauge extention cord for whatever amp your trailer is (50 or 30) and "dogbone" adapters for take it to other plug types than it's norm are handy when you end up with a site that doesn't have the same as your trailer.

One of the first things I did when we got ours was take a measuring tape and measure the door hatches for the storage compartments and the interior dimensions of the storage area. I then went to the local walmart and bought some Sterlight clear storage containers that would fit through the hatches and fit side by side, maximizing the front storage area. I use these for storing the above along with my patio lights. One electric with extention cords, adapters, speare light bulbs, etc. One Plumbing with hoses, pressure regulator, water filter, etc. One Patio Lights, hooks to attach them to the awning, solar lights, etc. Keeps me very organized and easy to find what I need by topic.

Again, Welcome and congrats and don't be afraid to ask if you have questions!

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote