Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
jdoug

The Eagle Landed

Our new to us 2010 318FLS Sprinter was delivered late on Thursday. While the TV that brought it in was too long to position where needed, I was able to hook up my little half tonner and move it 10 more feet and then I too could go no further without moving the fiver that shares the parking lot with me. So, my neighbor with the stored fiver came in on Friday and pulled out allowing me to position where I wanted to be, unhooked and allowed him to back into his normal spot. Wheeew!

Everything setup just fine, everything worked. Found out that the power stabs while working in pairs, also worked independent from each other and powered down as needed, allowing for my not so even ground.

Started the big swap from one trailer to the other, had some help arrive. Once all was setup, my 5 year old granddaughter helped me push all the right buttons and was amazed to watch all the stabs lower (she really liked watching the level bubble), the slides moving out into place and then the awning! Everyone took the tour and then we continued the transfer process.

Long hard day ended with a small BBQ with my oldest daughter, 2 granddaughters, and a family friend. We were tired and living in Troutdale, OR we know not to trust the weatherman and went in for the night with the idea that we would retract the awning. This is when it all went down hill! No motor noise! No retraction! Go to the internet and see if we can find a solution. Nope, Nada!

Did find out that we could remove a screw and manually retract but then would have to contact a service center before it would again be usuable. Living in the unit the idea of having it at service for even overnight was not good, not having a TV for it makes it difficult, and, now we would get to move the fiver again, twice! So, we left it out for the night and while a little breezy, we made it through the night.

Morning comes and I get out some test equipment. Knowing it is blowing the awning fuse, we change that out and try again. Nope, did not fix. Find the 12v tester and don't seem to be getting any juice to the plug laying in the arm of the awning. Of course, not sure I'm getting a good ground either for the testing.

So now, we put some straps on the awning, not anchoring, just loosely securing so if the wind does come up we should be ok until Monday when we can start calling about mobile service to come take a look. Unless of course, someone here has some ideas for me.

Thought about moving a vehicle over and hooking up direct to the little plug with jumper cables but got concerned when I thought of the amperage the battery would deliver compared to the little 15amp fuse we replaced.

So any ideas for this slightly less excited fulltimer enjoying all new found room but really wanting a working awning?

Doug
jdoug is offline   Reply With Quote