Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2021, 07:34 PM   #21
vampress_me

On the more light-hearted side (if there is one for anything with “shock” in it). Are you by any chance wearing wool socks (and shoes without rubber soles)? Or anything else with wool in it? Because my one kid can give one heck of a static shock, no matter what he’s doing/ been standing on when he’s wearing his wool socks. As in, it hurts for a while!

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:46 PM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

I can't think it's you and clothing. If it were you'd have this getting in the truck, or in your house, opening a door. At the store etc. You state it started when you got the new camper and happens EVERY TIME you touch the exterior. Does this happen to anyone else if the touch the same surfaces on the trailer before you do?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:41 AM   #23
holman391

It happen on interior only and when I take my shoes off no shock
holman391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:01 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by holman391 View Post
Try a different brand/style of shoes for a few days. It may be the composition of the rubber (or lack of rubber) in the shoes that's allowing "YOU" (and nobody else) to build a static charge. Maybe just keep those shoes for summer wear and don't use them "during static weather conditions".....

Try it for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:31 AM   #25
Sarge2

I have fabric seats in my Ram pickup.. depending on the weather, clothes I'm wearing and such, if I exit the truck and not touch it, I'll get a shock on any metal that I touch first... with some clothes, simply walking will generate static enough to shock you when you touch something metal...Not that this helps but certainly happens to me occasionally.. it's my electric personality..
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:45 AM   #26
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by holman391 View Post
When you climb the stairs, keep your hand on an unpainted part of the doorframe, like the latch hole screw, until you're at the top. See if that makes a difference. It could be caused by something like your soles rubbing on your stair tread material.

I live in the desert southwest. Summer or winter, it doesn't matter, our low humidity results in static shocks from everything, all the time. We develop a habit of holding onto metal whenever we enter or exit vehicles. Where is "Dixon?"
Old 03-07-2021, 11:36 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

When we visited my DW's mother in the winter, it was always a "shocking experience".. Living in a house with no humidifier, in the winter, with lots of wool throwrugs on the floor... Well, forget combing your hair unless you wet it first... I finally resorted to walking around the house with my keys in my hand. Any time I needed to touch a light switch or a doorknob, I'd use the key to discharge the static before touching anything.... DW didn't understand at first, but after I touched her a few times, she understood... She never let me approach her with the key in my hand, so we were "always sparkin" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote