Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2021, 04:30 PM   #21
wiredgeorge

Texas doesn't seem to be on top of distribution. It is hit or miss. My local doc over in Lakehills received 700 doses and my wife and I were on the list. When my wife called to find out what is going on, she was told my doc has 6000 patients. That is a bald faced LIE. She gave out all the doses and we weren't called.

My youngest kiddo is a senior manager in a financial institution. She has a friend whose sister called Welmed who had some of the vaccine over 400 times and finally got through and got my kiddo, missus and me an appointment and we got our first does last Friday. It is the M vaccine so 4 weeks till second and we have an appointment for the 2nd. Hope they don't run out. Welmed was giving vaccinations to people with appointments at a senior community center in South San Antonio. My wife had a little bit of a sore arm and I had no side effects so looking forward to getting this done; will be going back to live church services. Many of my brother and sister Christians feel the Covid is some sort of urban legend and while we started with social distancing, that lasted about one week and now we are watching Sunday services on youtube. Not the same.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:43 PM   #22
Greg58

There's a lot to be said of one local mom and pop pharmacy here in our city, I know of five people including my in-laws that use that pharmacy exclusively that were called to set up an appointment, they didn't even have to get out of their car, they vaccinated them in the parking lot.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:18 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Texas doesn't seem to be on top of distribution. It is hit or miss. My local doc over in Lakehills received 700 doses and my wife and I were on the list. When my wife called to find out what is going on, she was told my doc has 6000 patients. That is a bald faced LIE. She gave out all the doses and we weren't called.

My youngest kiddo is a senior manager in a financial institution. She has a friend whose sister called Welmed who had some of the vaccine over 400 times and finally got through and got my kiddo, missus and me an appointment and we got our first does last Friday. It is the M vaccine so 4 weeks till second and we have an appointment for the 2nd. Hope they don't run out. Welmed was giving vaccinations to people with appointments at a senior community center in South San Antonio. My wife had a little bit of a sore arm and I had no side effects so looking forward to getting this done; will be going back to live church services. Many of my brother and sister Christians feel the Covid is some sort of urban legend and while we started with social distancing, that lasted about one week and now we are watching Sunday services on youtube. Not the same.

I kept reading our local newspaper back home in TX and it sounded like chaos. Called the local hospital wondering if we had to get back to TX for the shots (administering the vaccine) and it sounded even worse. Been talking to our friends we normally winter with around the country and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the distribution or process. Our friends in MI said they've not seen or heard of any vaccine distribution in their area.

I thought TX would have a better plan but obviously they don't like many other places. I'm glad we are where we are and wish the best to everyone trying to obtain the vaccine if they want it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:00 PM   #24
Badbart56

Danny, I know I'm biased, but if the rest of the country was like Wakulla we'd all be better off. Don't you agree?

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #25
vampress_me

All I can add - don’t come to MN if you want to be vaccinated any time soon, even if you are over 70. Our state leadership has made a mess of protecting the elderly in this state from the virus at all. And so far, they have not been able to demonstrate any ability to vaccinate the elderly in a timely manner either.

Me personally, well, I won’t be eligible for a good long time for a shot due to age, and won’t get it anyway since you still have to wear a mask afterwards. There is no benefit I can see, except the financial one I’ve had going for the past 10 months - I don’t go shopping anymore except for food so don’t spend a lot of money!

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:19 PM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
All I can add - don’t come to MN if you want to be vaccinated any time soon, even if you are over 70. Our state leadership has made a mess of protecting the elderly in this state from the virus at all. And so far, they have not been able to demonstrate any ability to vaccinate the elderly in a timely manner either.

Me personally, well, I won’t be eligible for a good long time for a shot due to age, and won’t get it anyway since you still have to wear a mask afterwards. There is no benefit I can see, except the financial one I’ve had going for the past 10 months - I don’t go shopping anymore except for food so don’t spend a lot of money!
Lynette, you sound like you think a lot like I do. The benefit of the vaccination, in my mind, is simply peace of mind. I know that the virus is real and CAN have serious consequences in certain situations. More than anything I got my shot for DW because I do all the shopping and running around, I could not forgive myself if I gave it to her because I didn't do everything I could. Not saying you should, just saying that's where MY head is at. No need to justify anyone's thinking on this because there are so many variables in it. You keep safe.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:54 AM   #27
CedarCreekWoody

In our part of Texas they are using regional centers. We got our first shots two weeks ago. There is no availability through your personal doc or pharmacy. Yesterday I received a call from Colorado to set me up for a vaccination on Monday. I thought it was scammers as you can't schedule shots that way here and I was a bit rude to the caller and hung up. He called me back and I realized he was with a clinic in Cortez. I had stopped there for a covid test while on vacation last year. I suppose every state is different.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:11 AM   #28
xrated

My wife and I are patiently waiting our turn. I'm 66 and she is 68 and here in TN they are for the most part, still in the 75+ age group. Then, their next age group is 70+, so it looks like we are possibly looking at sometime in March....hopefully.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:54 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

About 2 weeks ago, Mom (Michigan's governor) changed the age limit for group 1c. It was over 75, and she lowered the age to 65 in a press conference. I immediately went to the NW Michigan Health Department website and filled out the application. We were called the next day to schedule an appointment and DW and I received our first vaccination (Moderna) 3 days later in a local church clinic. After I got that call, I talked to my BIL and next door neighbors to let them know about the change. All of them filled out the application within 24 hours of when I filled it out. So far, none of them have been called to schedule an appointment.

Michigan has, so far, used about 50% of the total doses shipped to the state in December, so it looks like the "red tape" is more the issue than vaccine availability, at least here.

Anyway, we're scheduled to receive the second dose and the health clinic promises they will have the vaccine available. I'll feel much better AFTER both doses are "in my arm"...

Hopefully, people around this area that weren't watching that press conference and were a day late in registering will get called this week and get vaccinated sooner rather than later.....

It looks to me that the further down this road we go, the less patience people have with safety measures and social distancing. I'm seeing the infection rate among those who aren't wearing a mask, aren't staying home, ignoring visiting crowded areas are getting sick and too many are winding up in the hospital. I suppose, what I'm suggesting is: We've come this far, now is not the time to throw it all away. Hang in there, there's a light at the end of this tunnel.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:48 AM   #30
Lee

Morn'un,

Here is Washington State it is nothing short of a Royal Fuster Cluck.

I've been trying for weeks to get my 90yo Mother a COVID vaccine,.... impossible.

I go to the State DOH web-site and put in all required info.... which leads me to only QVC Grocery store pharmacies (Hum,... why would that be???).... which have no openings and no sign up method for when they do get inventory.

I go to the County DOH web-site and put in all required info.... which leads me to only 6 locations in the entire County!!!!!.... which have no openings and no sign up method for when they do get inventory.

I go to Mom's Health Care Provider web-site, .... yup you guessed it,.... no openings and no way to sign up to be notified when they do have inventory.

Unbelievable!!!!! Sorry.... Rant Mode = OFF

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:17 PM   #31
gearhead

We got our 2nd Moderna shot this afternoon. Pharmacist said to expect fever and chills. Take Tylenol.
Johns description of boot camp vaccinations sounded familiar. Navy had my company outside the barracks with our pants down to our knees. Not a good view about 5ft in front of me. Maybe it was a Navy thing. LOL Then shirts off and get the air gun shots. Then 30 minutes of jumping jacks etc. Entire process less than 30 minutes.
Texas apparently figured out to use large parking lots for mass immunizations. Texas Speedway in Denton, NRG stadium in Houston, etc.
I hope this helps. We still wear masks and mostly stay home.
I might even get a haircut soon.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:40 PM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

Everyone I've talked to with both the Pfizer and the Moderna has had more symptoms with the second injection. The Moderna seems to produce more symptoms or at least more intense symptoms. Fever, chills, aches and significant fatigue seem to be the biggest complaints...

I went on the Moderna website in the prescriber's section to see what they have reported for providers. It seems most people do report increased symptoms with the second injection.

Now, why ??? Here's my take: The first injection starts the immune response. About a 50-55% immunity is expected within 2 weeks of the injection. Then, when you get the second injection, WHAMMO, your body's immune system goes into overdrive to protect you from what it believes to be a COVID infection.... So, it's not a surprise that your body responds by "over-reacting to what it sees"... It's a good thing and a "sure sign" that your body is reacting to the first injection and building a "robust immunity"....

So, if you haven't had the second injection yet, I'd recommend two tylenol on the way to the vaccination center and plan to head home, take 2 more tylenol about 6 hours later, a light supper followed by a good night's sleep. In the morning, expect to feel like crap, rest, relax, do what makes you comfortable that day, and it should be "just a memory" by the second morning.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #33
Greg58

My in-laws got their second shot yesterday, my mother in-law was sick today and even fell, my father in-law did a lot better. No matter what I'm still going to get it when my turn comes.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #34
jasin1

Scheduled to travel next month.... I hope this doesn’t start
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C5BC281A-8E16-4529-9E7B-E8F6531FCD85.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	31934  
Old 02-11-2021, 03:06 PM   #35
notanlines

I wouldn't sweat the travel ban idea. This is mainly covering air travel conversations. The Florida governor is not interested in putting another dent in the Florida economy, so highway travel would be very hard to slow down.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 03:51 PM   #36
jasin1

N

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I wouldn't sweat the travel ban idea. This is mainly covering air travel conversations. The Florida governor is not interested in putting another dent in the Florida economy, so highway travel would be very hard to slow down.
Ok ..yes I saw the governor having a press conference saying he would fight it...
Old 02-11-2021, 03:55 PM   #37
dutchmensport

Got an email stating shots were available in my home state. Looked very official. Had a link to set up an appointment at one of the servicing locations. Looked closer at the email, studied the originator address and such, and determined it was bogus, scammer, someone trying to get access to my computer.

Be careful out there. What's happening around us is WORSE than the virus itself.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:30 PM   #38
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Scheduled to travel next month.... I hope this doesn’t start

The issue is very difficult to address without making some sort of "political" comment or taking some sort of political stance - and sometimes that is hard for me. Suffice it to say Jim is on the money; the states don't have enough troopers to take care of what they've got much less try to stop every out of state vehicle coming in. The counties are in the same boat and virtually all of them, in either category, in places I go to, wouldn't mess with it anyway. I'm thinkin'......keep on truckin!!
Old 02-12-2021, 06:06 AM   #39
gearhead

We got the 2nd Moderna the day before yesterday. I got up yesterday morning and went straight to the bathroom and stayed there quite a while. Maybe a light headache this morning, but that could be from not much sleep last night.
Betty has had a pretty good headache.
SNOW forecast in Houston next few days.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:15 AM   #40
dutchmensport

sourdough stated: Suffice it to say Jim is on the money; the states don't have enough troopers to take care of what they've got much less try to stop every out of state vehicle coming in. The counties are in the same boat and virtually all of them, in either category, in places I go to, wouldn't mess with it anyway. I'm thinkin'......keep on truckin!!

I agree. We just returned from Alabama to Indiana after spending 5 weeks in Alabama (the month of January) and travel everywhere was completely unrestricted. We did a lot of sight-seeing when in Alabama. Except for masks, which was about 50/50 everywhere, it really is business as usual. Don't let fear rob you of your joy and freedom. ... agree ... keep on truckin'!