Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2021, 09:00 AM   #61
clemson726

People that choose throw soiled TP in a can and put up with the stench each time the lid is opened instead of learning how to care for a black tank probably have plastic on their floor, furniture, and lampshades as well.....and wear gloves when they drive.
clemson726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:08 AM   #62
blubuckaroo
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
It would help if you share what model and year trailer you have. It's easy to click on "UserCP" on the top black banm and put the info on your trailer and truck in your signature. This will help us help you by not going back and forth to get that basic information.
Ha! Read the rest of this thread to see where this goes. It really does go down the toilet.
blubuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:35 AM   #63
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubuckaroo View Post
Ha! Read the rest of this thread to see where this goes. It really does go down the toilet.
Like boys in the play yard at school, wait five min. and every sentence contains "fart" or "poop" followed by giggles.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:25 AM   #64
glendar10

Read

Quote:
Welcome to the forum. How are you determining that the tank is empty? It would help if you share what model and year trailer you have. It's easy to click on "UserCP" on the top black banm and put the info on your trailer and truck in your signature. This will help us help you by not going back and forth to get that basic information.

Next question, when you dump the black tank does the "clog" go way?
Red his message he does have the year and model in it.
glendar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #65
blubuckaroo
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Like boys in the play yard at school, wait five min. and every sentence contains "fart" or "poop" followed by giggles.
That's not it...
What is making me bang my head is, how you baited him into adding his rig specs, just so you could hijack this thread to truck payload again.
blubuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:48 AM   #66
Sokcap48

He could “ pull it “ also.
Going down hill and on a windy day in the desert outside of Mesquite NV. I believe it was a 1500, not sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12DB61CF-9966-4F82-A760-D1258310B0BC.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	31688  
Hurricane, Utah
Sokcap48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #67
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendar10 View Post
Red his message he does have the year and model in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubuckaroo View Post
That's not it...
What is making me bang my head is, how you baited him into adding his rig specs, just so you could hijack this thread to truck payload again.
O.k. We finished making false accusations now? Go back and read the original post. At the bottom is a line containing the date it was edited and WHY "added model and year". The purpose of asking that information was ascertain what the layout was like so we could find out if in fact it has two toilets and if so which one was problematic.

As it was later learned it was the shallower front tank and was most likely caused from a visitor's improper use (insufficiant amount of water to flush contents). Failure to read an entire post and taking things out of context to this level appears to me as responding with a lack of comprehension at best or having predisposed notion of "guilt" at worst. I hope it's the former and not the latter. In either case, according to the forum rules this sort of inappropriate post is against forum rules. I suggest you read the forum rules and hopefully comprehend them fully.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:59 AM   #68
Mikelff

Cool Clear Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonguy View Post
Has anyone had a problem with their toilet pipe to the blackwater tank filling up when the tank itself is empty? I don't know why it keeps plugging, I always use RV toilet paper, could the pipe in the tank from the toilet be too long and not have enough clearance with the tank bottom to drain properly? 2020 montana 3931FB
When you get your pipe cleared, or even if you don't, I would suggest using a microbial tank treatment, They literally eat poo. Camco sensor and tank cleaner, and Unique brand treatment are available at Amazon and other retailers. This stuff will get rid of a poo pyramid within a few days and also break down any TP. It breaks down TP to almost nothing. It only takes a couple hours to break down solids to almost nothing. Since I have used it almost a year now I have NO black tank issues and my sensors stay clean and as accurate as sensors can be. We all know how unreliable sensors can be, even brand new from the factory. As others have stated, you still need an adequate flush, but you do NOT need a lot of water with this stuff. This tank treatment will clear your problem in a few days as long as there isn't some other foreign object down there. If its TP, it will take care of it in a day or two. Put a few gallons, 10-15,of water in your black tank and add some of this microbial treatment and let is set for a few days. Then add some water to your black tank about 1/2 full and give it a flush. Your tank should be clean. If not winterizing, add about 15 gallons of water back in and add some tank treatment and you are set for the next trip. I travel with only about 15 gallons in my tank, just enough for flushes on the road, until I get to my next camp site. Try it, You will like it!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:09 PM   #69
notanlines

Russ,"soft poo without enough water behind it will splat on the bottom of the tank and stick", such a wordsmith you are! I'm not sure the visual from that will go away any time soon...
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:28 PM   #70
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Russ,"soft poo without enough water behind it will splat on the bottom of the tank and stick", such a wordsmith you are! I'm not sure the visual from that will go away any time soon...
There's even an emoji for that.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:29 AM   #71
jimborokz

The most obvious diagnosis is the poo pile problem. However if guests were staying there my fear is that something else went down that toilet. Maybe a coat hanger could dislodge it or even bring it back up through the toilet.

We have a family that are our house guests every year for about a week and every year the guest bathroom toilet backs up. Only time it happens. I don't know what they're flushing but it happens every year. Plunge it and we're good to go. I'm guessing a massive amount of TP.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:47 AM   #72
BrooksFam

I had to teach the kids years ago to do the double flush. Poop then flush, wipe then flush. This pretty much ends the plugged toilets...……..
EAZ-Lift Recurve R3 #1200

BrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:10 AM   #73
ewbldavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemson726 View Post
People that choose throw soiled TP in a can and put up with the stench each time the lid is opened instead of learning how to care for a black tank probably have plastic on their floor, furniture, and lampshades as well.....and wear gloves when they drive.
Hey now...We toss most in the trash can and I've never had an issue with black tank or nasty smells from the can. Proper tank care is a MUST, and most kids don't know how to be "reserved" with TP regardless of how many times you lecture. Wipes are nice too, and must go in the trash can.

As far as OP - maybe a poor design will require trash-canning TP. I've tried various chemicals, etc. - but using correct TP and maintaining tank is a must. Make sure your TP brand isn't too thick. We do NOT use same stuff at home as in RV.

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:23 AM   #74
wiredgeorge

Pleease, please.... make it stop! How long can we dwell on this crap? The 3 T's that keep a thread going forever... TIRES, TOW VEHICLES, TURDS. Everyone has them so everyone is an expert and wishes to opine on his/her particular T.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #75
clemson726

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post
Hey now...We toss most in the trash can and I've never had an issue with black tank or nasty smells from the can. Proper tank care is a MUST, and most kids don't know how to be "reserved" with TP regardless of how many times you lecture. Wipes are nice too, and must go in the trash can.

As far as OP - maybe a poor design will require trash-canning TP. I've tried various chemicals, etc. - but using correct TP and maintaining tank is a must. Make sure your TP brand isn't too thick. We do NOT use same stuff at home as in RV.

lol. I don't see how the odor can't come out of the trash can? Scented bags maybe? My in-laws won't even throw food in the trash can. They don't flush it down the toilet either though.
clemson726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:09 AM   #76
flybouy
Site Team

Rules at our house & camper:
You clog it you unclog it. Typically ends that problem.
Nothing goes in a toilet that doesn't come out of your body except toilet paper,. flushable wipes are not truly flushable.
If you need to constantly use wipes you need to try a new "technique' or see a doctor. If it's that bad take a shower or bath afterwards, and no, I will not use a towel more than once before washing it. I'll guarantee you that towel ios full of dead skin cells and other things that I don't want to wipe on face the next day.
We had a containment system years ago for "things that were soiled by human waste. It was a diaper pail and they day we were able to get it out of the house was a glorious day.�� These are our rules. Everyone does their own thing and that's the great thing about living in this country.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:34 PM   #77
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Rules at our house & camper:
You clog it you unclog it. Typically ends that problem.
Nothing goes in a toilet that doesn't come out of your body except toilet paper,. flushable wipes are not truly flushable.
If you need to constantly use wipes you need to try a new "technique' or see a doctor. If it's that bad take a shower or bath afterwards, and no, I will not use a towel more than once before washing it. I'll guarantee you that towel ios full of dead skin cells and other things that I don't want to wipe on face the next day.
We had a containment system years ago for "things that were soiled by human waste. It was a diaper pail and they day we were able to get it out of the house was a glorious day.�� These are our rules. Everyone does their own thing and that's the great thing about living in this country.
Its always good to have Andy Rooney wrap up a thread with a pithy editorial!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:41 PM   #78
Kwaidonjin

The worst people in the world. Ex smokers, Ex drinkers, Ex fat people, Born Agains , Oh and TOW POLICE! LOL
Kwaidonjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:49 PM   #79
UKLimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaidonjin View Post
The worst people in the world. Ex smokers, Ex drinkers, Ex fat people, Born Agains , OH and TOW POLICE! LOL

What's wrong with Ohio?
Our Website
UKLimey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:55 PM   #80
Kwaidonjin

A lot. Lol
Kwaidonjin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet