Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2021, 10:46 AM   #21
deer30084

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDDilly View Post
deer30084, you are going to beat this to death on multiple threads. We get it, you don't like or ever want this, but you are not the only customer. some of us are fine with the little, and it is little, inconvenience with 2 sewer pipes.

If this is all that bothers you today, you are having a good day.
No, just two threads and the other thread, just one comment. Ya'all enjoy your double waste water outlets. I'm sure Camco is grinning ear to ear. They get to sell more hose and y connectors. Camping World is also grinning ear to ear. They get more foot traffic and activity at the register. I hope I'm in front of you at the dump station. I'm outta here. Bye.
deer30084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:05 AM   #22
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDDilly View Post
I have had 2 rigs with 2 dump points. Has never been a problem for me. I have a Y and some extra hose, not much more then I had before. I look at the floor plan that fits our life style and if it has 2 dump points, so be it.
Why put up with having to move the connection all the time? We have a 32' 5er with Grey tanks at both ends, and a single dump connection. I think it came this way from the factory, but maybe the original owners solved the problem. I have these pictures as I moved the line from the galley tank inwards a bit when I put shocks on the axles. It "Y's" into the main drain just forward of the axles. If I bought a 5er with two drains, this is exactly what I would do!

Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #23
Camperfun

30ft Bullet

I have 2 dump locations but 1 is for just the kitchen grey tank I use a garden hose set up instead of the large sewer hose Works perfect Its just kitchen waste water no solids I doubt any 30ft travel trailer or 30 some foot 5th wheel has 2 bathrooms or 2 black tanks
Camperfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #24
Camping family

My 29rks has two gray tanks. One is connect to the black tank up front. The other is at the rear. The one at the rear is for the shower and bathroom sink.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:11 AM   #25
Camperfun

Perfect ����
Camperfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:20 AM   #26
CaptnJohn

2019 Montana 3761FL 41' long has 2 black and 2 gray tanks. ONE outlet and all 4 valve handles in one location. My only question ~~ we have stackable washer and dryer. The washer drains to the 1/2 bath black tank.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:23 AM   #27
jamtracy

Lol 2 hoses and a y connector it’s all good.
Some campgrounds even have 2 sewer hookups.
I’ll take my 2 bathrooms over a single outlet every time.
Oh and I’m not in the RV business but I’m not ignorant or stubborn either.
jamtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:24 AM   #28
jamtracy

See that’s great. I have 2 outlets but our washer drains into the gray tank.
jamtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #29
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
2019 Montana 3761FL 41' long has 2 black and 2 gray tanks. ONE outlet and all 4 valve handles in one location. My only question ~~ we have stackable washer and dryer. The washer drains to the 1/2 bath black tank.
I think its all about placement of fixtures. There is a Grand Designs Solitude with rear master bedroom. Washer/dryer in closet on rear wall. ! full bath just forward of bedroom. another 1/2 bath just behind the kitchen. TWO seperate outlets.

Washer drained into rear gray. Bedroom bath sink drained into rear gray, toilet into rear black. Shower drained into FRONT gray tank along with the kitchen sink and front half bath.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #30
buzzcop63

Started finding out about RVing with a rental of a Four Winds C Class motor home back in 2012. After staying at the Oregon Coast for a few days dumped the tanks and went on to the next spot, Richardson by Eugene Or. The black tank quickly filled, dumped, still full, called rental agency middle of the night, Oh sorry the guy said, that C Class has two valves that need to be opened to dump the Black tank, one of each side of the couch, and the second you had to hunt for with a flashlight!
Old 01-18-2021, 04:58 AM   #31
Danimal713

We have a Crossroads Sunset Trails 291RK with 2 dump points. While at the dump station this requires a a little more finagalling, I like the fact that the kitchen in the rear has its own 30 gallon gray tank and the bathroom up front its own for sink/shower also has a separate 30gallon gray. Then the black is also 30 gallons and bathroom has black and gray hooked to one outlet then the kitchen gray outlet is behinds the axles. I find it more of a problem with the kitchen in the rear takes so long for hot water to get from front hot water tank to rear we end up putting more water into the rear gray tank to get hot water to sink. I am thinking of putting an on-demand heater in the rear just to heat the kitch sink water but we will see. it might be cost prohibative. But in about 3 years when we hit the road for long periods it might be nice. If we do a full hookup site it is all moot anyway.
As for where to store the extra oses, I got a bif container that fits in my storage bay. I do not put hoses in my bumpers anymore. Last trailer bumper rusted out on bottom because of the water (I tend to keep things a long time). I also spray paint into the bottom inside bumpers and am thinking I should get/make a roller small enough to fit inside bumper and roll a good coat on. I had to get a new bumper and weld it on the last trailer. Not a big deal because I got to burn some metal!
So bottom line, I do not see this as a design problem but more floor plans that necessitate 2 dump outlets. It is a preference. We have been out 6 times since we got trailer last Spring and only 1 full hookup site. All the hoses and Y connector came with trailer. I did need to get the ramps to make things flow better but not used them yet.
Danimal713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #32
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
No, just two threads and the other thread, just one comment. Ya'all enjoy your double waste water outlets. I'm sure Camco is grinning ear to ear. They get to sell more hose and y connectors. Camping World is also grinning ear to ear. They get more foot traffic and activity at the register. I hope I'm in front of you at the dump station. I'm outta here. Bye.
I've had guys like this behind me at the dump station, pacing back/forth constantly staring holes in my back, sighing like the world will end if they don't get to dump RIGHT NOW, then get their turn & take twice as long as anyone else.
Either leave earlier or later & miss the line at the dump station or pay a couple bucks more & stay at a campground with ful hookups then take as long as you like to dump.
Whatever, I don't see 2 sewer connections as a big deal, if that's the floor plan that suits mama!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:18 PM   #33
Camping family

Quote:
I really don’t know what the big deal is. How many times do you camp someplace that isn’t a full hook up? Another thing camping is supposed to be enjoying. So just take your time. Why be in a hurry if you have two tanks to dump or one what does it matter. I have two if someone behind is in that big of a hurry they should of left their site earlier. Be kind be safe. Enjoy
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:21 PM   #34
dsquared007

My 44' Fuzion has one termination point for all 4 waste tanks.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:39 PM   #35
Gunny Mike

Grey water from the sink and shower can also be recycled and used to water plants.
Gunny Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #36
Sarge2

I've got two on my 2020 passport... one for Kitchen sink gray water other for gray waterwater and black tank...other than the fact they put them way too far under the body edge... I've never been upset about it... I just put extensions on them both... so I could easily reach them.. funny they put the handles close but not the dump ends... strange...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:50 PM   #37
cavie

Quote:
I feel sorry for you that you can't grasp the concept that $%#@ does not run uphill.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:48 AM   #38
81SHOVELHEAD

Sewer

Our 2014 Cougar 28RLS has 2 . At first b4 i knew what i was doing i would move hose from Galley to Black tank/ grey water discharge. After a couple camping trips bought a Y connector , hook up galley tank first b4 opening slide & open & leave gally tank valve open while camping. Works for me .
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:23 AM   #39
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81SHOVELHEAD View Post
Our 2014 Cougar 28RLS has 2 . At first b4 i knew what i was doing i would move hose from Galley to Black tank/ grey water discharge. After a couple camping trips bought a Y connector , hook up galley tank first b4 opening slide & open & leave gally tank valve open while camping. Works for me .
Only problem I have seen doing that is build up of food particles in the tank. Can cause problems if the whole “pile” decides to move and won’t fit out the tank exit.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:09 PM   #40
Sarge2

Ok... maybe I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but why would you need a Y?
I leave my valves closed even at full hookup... as was recommended right on this forum... I empty one at a time... I keep the dump hose connected to the dump pipe, then before I leave, I empty my black first... then empty the gray tank that is on the same connector... then simply move the hose to the other gray tank and empty it... rinse out the hose, then put it away... two hoses and a Y...confused:
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sewer