Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
GBHRPS

Dexter EZ Flex

Bought a used, but well kept 2004 285 late last year. Trailered it long enough before winter storage to know that I want to do something about the chucking back and forth between the trailer and the TV over rough roads and railroad tracks.

I'm seriously considering the Demco Glide pinbox somewhere in the future, but wanted to start with the Dexter EZ Flex trailer suspension upgrade first. The price is right, I can do the install myself, and I believe it may save the trailer taking serious abuse.

Has anyone got the EZ Flex installed and put enough miles on it to share their experience?

Gene
GBHRPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
linebiker

Look under topic modifications and upgrades this forum. Some good info. Still looking into that myself and learning. At least a couple of other brands of same type of device available. Let us know what you do!

08 Raptor 299
06 Dodge 3500 Cummins Lone Star
B&W Companion 5th
linebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Gene:
See "Modifications and Upgrades" (Dexter E-Z Flex Install by Hankpage). He has a number of informative posts - complete with photos and details - about his install complete with comments after being "road tested". You will find most of the answers to your questions about this product.
(I would recommend that if you wish to continue the discussion about Dexter E-Z Flex, it might be better to place any posts about this product with his original thread so that we dont end up with threads in different categories about the same topic. )
Old 04-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Gene, http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=446 Will show you photos of install. I think they are worth every penny. I have only had them on for 1200 mi. but noticed a big improvement on the same route I have been using for years. If We ever get another trailer E-Z Flex would be my first mod. I'm still on vacation for another two weeks ... then back on the road for the second 1200mi. test. I will let you know if my opinion changes .... but I doubt it. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
GBHRPS

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the responses! I'll follow up on ALL of them.

Thanks again!

Gene
Old 04-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Ruffus

Other End of Springs E-Z Flex

Hank
Did you change the bolts and bushings on the other end of the springs? Just asking because I'm thinking about the EZ Flex too.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Hank
Did you change the bolts and bushings on the other end of the springs? Just asking because I'm thinking about the EZ Flex too.
Jim, The wet-bolt kit comes with all spring bolts and bushings and instructions on installation. ..... oh! .... thanks for the warm weather .... the last two weeks have been great. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
GBHRPS

Gentlemen,

It pays to shop around! Online, I see that the 33 inch spaced wheels version of the EZ Flex suspension upgrade is basically $150 USD from US suppliers and $216 from Canadian suppliers. No problems there, but we can expect to pay more in Canada and almost always do, and that's before our added taxes! Such is life in the great white north.

A local trailer supply place lists what I need for exactly the $216 CDN (before taxes), a pleasant surprise even though they were not in stock, but my nearest RV dealership blew me away asking $316 CDN.

I'll bet you can't guess where I'll not be doing business in the future?

Gene