Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
NSTS1470

Door locks

My week old 29BHS door locks dont seem to work half of the time. The deadbolt is better than the lock on the handle. The handle works about 1 out of 20 times. The key goes in and when I wiggle it I can see the cam wiggling, it just wont move completly. Even the deadbolt sometimes seems to hang up. But I will wiggle the key a couple of times and it will lock or unlock. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Terrydactile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTS1470 View Post
My week old 29BHS door locks dont seem to work half of the time. The deadbolt is better than the lock on the handle. The handle works about 1 out of 20 times. The key goes in and when I wiggle it I can see the cam wiggling, it just wont move completly. Even the deadbolt sometimes seems to hang up. But I will wiggle the key a couple of times and it will lock or unlock. Any suggestions would be great.
Maybe your key is the wrong one. It could be just a little different and work sometimes and then not at other times. Maybe it just needs a little lubrication.

If it were me and it was my new 2010 TT I would call my dealers and get them to fix it. Certainly its under warranty. If your dealer is a good drive from home maybe they could have the replacement shipped to you and you could install it.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

When on the road always use the dead-bolt, the other lock can open when the trailer flexes. If your trailer is not close to level your locks will not always work properly. Also try to return the key to the straight up and down position before removing it. These door locks are are not like home ... every trailer I have owned as had cheap locks and I have been unable to find any upgrades. After all this the door or strike-plate may need adjustment or maybe just lubricated.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Stargazer

Here's an upgrade, but they're pretty expensive. Neat idea, though:

http://hoglock.com/index.html
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
hoffbrew

I like the keyless lock, hmmmm....
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)