Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
jerry

satelite install on new bullet 278

any suggestion how to hook up satelite reciever , I have tried to connect to booster outlet, and could not get signal from the dish to go to the reciever.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Flyguy

Jerry, here's a link to a URL that goes into detail on satillite systems: http://www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/sat.htm You mentioned going through the booster, if your talking about that Winegard plate for tv recption with the little black button that you push that turns on the green LED, well I don't think that you use that for a satillite installation, did the dealer say that the trailer was wired for satillite? Anyway look at the webpage and see if it helps you.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Terrydactile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
any suggestion how to hook up satelite reciever , I have tried to connect to booster outlet, and could not get signal from the dish to go to the reciever.

Jerry, Unless your TT came Sat ready you can not run the sat signal through the coax on the TT without modification. You can either run a separate coax or modify the exsisting winegard booster.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
jerry

sat install

I got working by hooking up cable from outside to reciever input then from reciever output to the center post on booster, leave booster off, will have find way to get unit back into orginal spot, but it is working now
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
CnDouble

Your post makes me curious about our set up as well. Will be installing a dish next weekend, and I just assumed it was a matter of connecting the coax to the existing hook ups. The dealer told us it was "Satellite ready", but gave no instructions. Thanks for the link Flyguy, I will be doing a bit of reading up as well!
CnDouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
Flyguy

Your Hideout brochure does say that is has RG-6 Coax (needed for Satellite) and Satellite ready, do you have more than one coax outlet in the trailer, one that is independent of the Winegard antenna? It may only be Satellite ready because RG-6 coax was used.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
CnDouble

I have one sat. outlet located on the outside rear of the coach, and one located outside mid level on the right. I will check both to see what , if any, difference there might be. I'm guessing the have the same set up, Thanks!
CnDouble is offline   Reply With Quote