Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2022, 02:57 AM   #1
RobJr

Really Stupid

Have a 2022 Bullet 258rks. Slide out on the camp side. It has under awning lights. Well, with the slide out, you only have about 4 ft of lights showing, the rest is between the awning and the slide out. Useless. If you want to cook after dark, you gotta use a flashlight. Also, you can adjust the pitch on the awning, and with everything open the awning is an inch away from the end of the slide. Not much adjustment there. Gonna talk to the dealer today and see if I can get some lights on the slide so we don't have to cook after dark with a flashlight 🔦
RobJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:29 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I’m sure they can add lights for a hearty price. Maybe look into a set of lights that hang from the awning tube.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 06:28 AM   #3
RobJr

Just talked to the dealer, the way he was talking it sounded very expensive. I better go another route.
RobJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:24 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I've looked at 3 videos of that trailer and don't see a porch light. I was going to suggest adding a LED strip powered off that (you can install) but don't see the light.

I am one that cooks late as well and camp all winter so cooking in the dark is the norm for me. Prior to LED light strips like I have on this one (and installed on the last one) I came up with all kinds of ways to have light to cook. Best I came up with were LED lamps we bought during a power outage at a local lumber yard (Higginbotham Bartlett) but I'm sure they are available elsewhere. Battery powered the top pulls up and turns on the light (very bright with great coverage), looks sort of like a mini Coleman lantern. Push the top down and it turns off. Like I said, very bright and haven't had to replace the batteries yet (2 years). DW came up with some extended hooks to place on the awning arm, had one that went in the ground to hang a lamp and kept one on the camp table. Looked like some kind of Las Vegas attraction in the campground after dark (no, I don't leave them on THAT late). Might consider something like that because I agree with you, that LED strip above the slide isn't much good other than to give the roosting birds a little bit night time glow.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:34 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Are you using on board LP or a seperate tank? Years ago we used a 20 lb tank and used a Coleman Road Trip grill. I bought a "propane tree" that screwed into the tank. It was about 2.5' to 3' tall and had hose connection (a couple along the length) and one at the end. A Coleman gas lantern screws right on top and worked great. I could make it glow softly or bright enough for sugery.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:12 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJr View Post
Just talked to the dealer, the way he was talking it sounded very expensive. I better go another route.
I figured it would be, $150.00/hr at least and most likely 2-3 hrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I've looked at 3 videos of that trailer and don't see a porch light. I was going to suggest adding a LED strip powered off that (you can install) but don't see the light.

I am one that cooks late as well and camp all winter so cooking in the dark is the norm for me. Prior to LED light strips like I have on this one (and installed on the last one) I came up with all kinds of ways to have light to cook. Best I came up with were LED lamps we bought during a power outage at a local lumber yard (Higginbotham Bartlett) but I'm sure they are available elsewhere. Battery powered the top pulls up and turns on the light (very bright with great coverage), looks sort of like a mini Coleman lantern. Push the top down and it turns off. Like I said, very bright and haven't had to replace the batteries yet (2 years). DW came up with some extended hooks to place on the awning arm, had one that went in the ground to hang a lamp and kept one on the camp table. Looked like some kind of Las Vegas attraction in the campground after dark (no, I don't leave them on THAT late). Might consider something like that because I agree with you, that LED strip above the slide isn't much good other than to give the roosting birds a little bit night time glow.
I have one of those from Harbor Freight. They are very bright.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote