Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2022, 09:19 AM   #1
fjr vfr

Ladder rack

I see a lot of people using ladder racks for their sewer tote and I'm thinking of getting one.
I just have one concern regarding the fact my ladder is close to the side and the tank would be overhanging a couple inches and out in the wind somewhat.
To those who use these racks for their totes, should I be concerned? Would the wind put to much extra stress on the ladder attachment points?

Thanks,
John
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 11:30 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjr vfr View Post
I see a lot of people using ladder racks for their sewer tote and I'm thinking of getting one.
I just have one concern regarding the fact my ladder is close to the side and the tank would be overhanging a couple inches and out in the wind somewhat.
To those who use these racks for their totes, should I be concerned? Would the wind put to much extra stress on the ladder attachment points?

Thanks,
John
John, Since you don't have a signature showing but do have a picture of the rear of your 5ver in your About Me stuff, you ladder is on the back of your camper. Are you asking about putting something on your ladder to haul your sewer tote? I have never seen a sewer tote mounted on a a ladder; do you have a link to this rank you are thinking about?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:17 PM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjr vfr View Post

Thanks,
John
Not to sound like a smart a##, but in my opinion the ladder was designed to gain access to the roof, I wouldn't/didn't use it for that either, not a cargo carrier. My tote fit perfectly in front of the 5th wheel hitch in the truck bed, outa sight.
My DW told me I wouldn't be attaching anything to our ladder, we weren't going to look like the Bevery Hillbillies going down the road with all kinds of crap, especially the tote, tied to the ladder.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:20 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Not to sound like a smart a##, but in my opinion the ladder was designed to gain access to the roof, I wouldn't/didn't use it for that either, not a cargo carrier. My tote fit perfectly in front of the 5th wheel hitch in the truck bed, outa sight.
My DW told me I wouldn't be attaching anything to our ladder, we weren't going to look like the Bevery Hillbillies going down the road with all kinds of crap, especially the tote, tied to the ladder.
I hope you wanted to make me laugh because you did... I have never met you but just got this image of Uncle Jed behind the wheel of your TV and your missus sitting in the bed on a rocker.....
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:45 PM   #5
fjr vfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Yeah, I have resisted putting anything on my ladder, except for another ladder for the longest time, but I'm getting tired of dealing with this big bulky tank for the longest time. Oh, I have a tool box in the rear of the bed and sometimes generators, so no room there. Inside the tailgate doesn't work either for similar reasons.
As for the Beverly Hillbilly image, I'm just not that image sensitive.
Here is a link to what I've seen some other people use.

https://www.amazon.com/Ladder-Mount-...29943060&psc=1
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ladder, rack