Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2022, 06:48 PM   #21
lonerider98

I have never took out the stack to clean.. This is a new camper 2022. I've never had to remove and clean out the stack on of my previous 6 campers. I did remove the top cover and the fins are clean! Also I did not smack the flue stack. I smacked the tubes where the stuff flows thru the system.
lonerider98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:11 AM   #22
CFS

Smile Dometic Fridge issues

A friend fought his 2021 Dometic for 5 months, all the parts listed previously. He finally went out and got a small refrigerator that would fit in the hole, no problem ever since. Being fulltime that's my recommendation.
CFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:15 PM   #23
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider98 View Post
I have never took out the stack to clean.. This is a new camper 2022. I've never had to remove and clean out the stack on of my previous 6 campers. I did remove the top cover and the fins are clean! Also I did not smack the flue stack. I smacked the tubes where the stuff flows thru the system.
I also have the Dometic 1350. Nothing but problems. Took forever to cool down and hours to recover temp from door opening. Had it to the dealer several times as well as Dometic tech service. Dometic teck service was useless. Finally had the cooling unit replaced with a 12V compressor unit from JC Refrigeration in Indiana and now don't have to worry about propane or any of those issues. I get -15 to -20 in freezer, 35 to 37 in the fridge and recovery in a matter of minutes. Runs while traveling off the TV. Have had it for over a year now and NO issues. Worth ever penny. From storage, cools in about 4 hours. If you continue to have issues you might want to consider swapping out the cooling unit. Good luck!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:30 PM   #24
ChuckS

Nine year old Dometic RM1350 - last trip the temps were 34 degrees inside the fridge and the ice cream stayed frozen...

Excellent fridge if..
1. the door seals are good
2. OEM fans all work
3. Upper condenser coil is kept clean and baffle is in place

On my unit the LP mode and electric mode performance are equally the same... Both keep a fully stocked fridge cold, meat and ice cream frozen..

Temps we RV in ( 90 to0 100 plus degrees and 20 degrees )

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:36 AM   #25
Raquel

Unusual discoloration on vinyl flooring 2020 Passport

Can anyone offer any insight as to why my flooring has strange orange and black discoloration appearing all over my vinyl? Thanks in advance!
Raquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:47 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Orange and black ??? If it's "chromate yellow" (sort of a nasty pale greenish yellow) it's from a leaking absorption system and the refrigerator cooling system is pretty much toast...

If it's "orange and black" I'd suspect that it's building materials that are "shaving/brushing/cutting" themselves as you tow because of the vibrations from a loose refrigerator mounting screw or bolt. My microwave did that for the first year. After every tow, I found "light orange/tan dust" all over the range hood and the folding range top cover.... I tightened the screws on the microwave mount, and next tow, more dust... I finally went ahead and removed the microwave, rebuilt the mounting holes with threaded caps behind the stiles and used bolts with loc-tite so they wouldn't work loose any more.

Since then, no "light orange/tan dust"... You may have a similar issue. Look along the lower front edge of the refrigerator with a bright flashlight and see if you can identify any "scratches or grooves" that are being cut into the trailer cabinet from road vibrations.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:32 PM   #27
Jake's Keystone

I'll jump in on this post, picked up our new 2022 Cougar 316RLS May 18, with RM1350SLMX, got it home and the fridge was dead. Did some troubleshooting called selling dealer 2.5hrs away and was advised it takes 24 hrs to cool the fridge, to what I replied it sat overnight in the driveway, and zero cooling. their response well that's not 24 hrs... well I understand that but it should have dropped a degree or 2. Pulled it to our campsite, leveled it (was level in the driveway) and long story short the fridge was NFG. The fridge did fire up on propane and did draw current on 120V.
New cooling unit is at Dealer and service is booked for July 11. Fingers crossed. I never did tap the tubing but may try that before it goes in.

2022 GMC Sierra HD AT4
2022 Cougar 3169RLS
New and Traded
Jake's Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge