Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2022, 05:30 AM   #21
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
It's the one's you don't see (or hear) that get you. I remember hunting in the woods and hearing someone else shooting that I couldn't see. My father told me it was a good thing to hear it as you'll never hear the "one that hits you."
That’s true. Even when we go out hiking, we’ll run across people that say “the snakes are out, saw several of them along the trail”. Continue on watching closely for them, never see any. Apparently one got hit by a car just down the street from my house, neighbor told me about it, I’m guessing a hawk or owl got to it before I did. Drive by a couple hours later on our way to town, nothing…. I live on an acre of land that is next to the desert, you’d think I’d get one in the yard from time to time, never happened. I’ve had friends who live in town get one them in their yard. Trust me, I’m not complaining, I hate snakes, but you’d think I would have come across one at some point in 12 years.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 06:01 AM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

I don't like snakes either. My mother was deathly afraid of them si I guess that influenced me. Where we live black snakes (rat snakes, garden snakes) are prevalent but copper heads and water moccasins are around also.. we don't see them that often because they stay hidden unless a dog chases them out in the open.. I'll restrain the dog and let the snake escape.. while I don't like the snake I like the rodents they eat even less.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 07:34 AM   #23
Mike Salois

East,west and south entrances will open 8am Wednesday June 22nd. They will be using a odd even approach to handle the overload of the north entrance remaining closed the rest of the season. Last digit of your license plate gains entry on odd calendar days,even last digit gains entry on even calendar days. Personalized plates will be considered odd. They are using this license plate system until they can get another system in place, probably like Glacier National Parks reservation system. Montana is open for business, please come see us.
Mike Salois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 10:22 AM   #24
bsmith0404

I was just thinking about this this morning. Perfect timing for an update. Thank you!!
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 08:04 AM   #25
popsshopga

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
The park has been temporarily closed at all gates due to flooding and rock slides. No inbound visitor traffic will be allowed into the park until conditions stabilize and the park can assess damage to roads and bridges and other facilities. This includes visitors with lodging and camping reservations.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/220613.htm
Thanks for the url.
Good updates. Lets you know which entrances will be open very soon (south, east, and west entrances).
popsshopga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide