Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2022, 06:13 AM   #21
bgrhrdt

I have a '21 Cougar 290RLS. The rear AC has the comm wires attached and the bedroom AC has an open space where the EOL resistor should be (photo attached).

I've not received the "fix" in the mail yet, but I think it's because we moved a few months back and I didn't think to notify Keystone. So I'll call Monday.

My question: I'm assuming the EOL resistor they send has the square plug that just plugs into the connector in the Gateway? Could someone post a picture of what they sent? Thanks for all this great info.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...1&d=1654351923
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVP Gateway.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	40033  
Old 06-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #22
RollaMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrhrdt View Post
My question: I'm assuming the EOL resistor they send has the square plug that just plugs into the connector in the Gateway? Could someone post a picture of what they sent? Thanks for all this great info.

Yes, the EOL resistor has the square plug that will just plug in.
Not the best picture, but you should be able to tell it is the same style plug.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	40037
Old 06-04-2022, 09:22 AM   #23
bgrhrdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
Yes, the EOL resistor has the square plug that will just plug in.
Not the best picture, but you should be able to tell it is the same style plug.

Attachment 40037
Thank you very much. Looks like something even I can do!
Old 06-04-2022, 09:45 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

If you can find out the resistor rating it would be very simple.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:23 AM   #25
bgrhrdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
If you can find out the resistor rating it would be very simple.
Is this what you're talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtrailer View Post
I measured the value of the resistor and it is around 120 ohms.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Is this what you're talking about?
And the watt rating or the color band on the resistor would identify it. Then you need to know the pin connection (orientation ) as it looks like a 4 pin connector but hard to tell from the pics. These are the situations where Radio Shack was handy to have around.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:37 PM   #27
bgrhrdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
And the watt rating or the color band on the resistor would identify it. Then you need to know the pin connection (orientation ) as it looks like a 4 pin connector but hard to tell from the pics. These are the situations where Radio Shack was handy to have around.
It'll only go in one way because of the clip, so I'm not too worried about that.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:14 AM   #28
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake's Keystone View Post
RollaMo, Can you please post the build date of your RV? Mine was April 26, 2022 for a Cougar 316RLS and I'm having incommand issues. Thanks. Just trying to see if there is a date that they started adding the EOL. Thanks.
P.S.: our RV is in the shop so I can't check my front AC for it.
Checked mine the other day and the EOL resistor is installed from the factory. Build date is February 2, 2022.
I haven't received any kind of notice and as far as I can tell only people that do not have the resistor in place are receiving the notice.
I wonder how Keystone knows who has it and who doesn't?

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:37 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
I wonder how Keystone knows who has it and who doesn't?
They probably had HR look back to see what days Billy (or Johnny) worked and figured out those were the ones to recall.....

That said, Keystone has had multiple "limited recalls" that grew as word got out about the issue and owners called CS to give them the info that their trailer was doing the same thing.... There's a couple of threads on the forum detailing some of the "Hey mine too" comments....

It's not limited to Keystone, Ford is going through some "recall growing pains" with their DEF heater exchange program that's growing to a front/rear NOX sensor and SCR ($6000 changeout).... And, to "add injury to insult", parts to fix those trucks are not available, so anyone having their DEF heater replaced to clear the check engine light may find their truck won't leave the service department for 60-90 days or longer.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:29 AM   #30
ChuckS

EOL terminating resistor value is 120 ohms, 1/4 watt or 1/2 watt will do nicely

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:13 AM   #31
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
It'll only go in one way because of the clip, so I'm not too worried about that.
If the plug only has 2 pins/ connectors than it shouldn't matter. If there's more tha 2 then you need to connect it to the correct 2 pins. From the blurred photo I couldn't tell the number of pins.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:37 AM   #32
lonerider98

Well this resistor has done nothing to help with having to reset the in-comannd system. I installed the resistor 3 days ago and had to reset the system again today. I'm waiting for this p.o.s. to just stop working. I've reset this thing at least 10 times since new in Jan. It's a 2022 364bhl.
lonerider98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:44 AM   #33
4Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider98 View Post
Well this resistor has done nothing to help with having to reset the in-comannd system. I installed the resistor 3 days ago and had to reset the system again today. I'm waiting for this p.o.s. to just stop working. I've reset this thing at least 10 times since new in Jan. It's a 2022 364bhl.
Is it mostly the AC your having problems with? Mine seems to work fine, only the rear AC doesn't want to work on auto when the front one is turned on.
4Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:56 AM   #34
lonerider98

No the system just seems to stop working a/c or heat. My understanding is this fix was suppose to fix this because the system was still looking for other items to control because it didn't have a eol in the system. But it isn't the problem I guess it's something else.
lonerider98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:04 AM   #35
smithfrh

My ac systems would go through a period of not being able to read the temperature sensors and I would have to disconnect all the power and let it reset.
smithfrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:13 AM   #36
Z71

Yup, same problem here

I have experienced the same issue as documented the in recall notice. I have even had issues where no matter what I did I could not communicate with the system using my Iphone.

When this would happen I would need to power down the in-command system before it would allow access. I called Keystone today to see if I could get the recall part. Once I have it in hand I will do a search to see if I can find the actual connector they use up on Amazon and post the link here. The resistor should also be an easy part to find. Both parts should be under $10 bucks.

Obviously all who are effected should be getting these in the mail but second hand owners probably will be ignored.
Old 06-10-2022, 05:46 AM   #37
haiduan

I have the same problem with the bedroom AC not working properly. Am I correct that the fix to the AC is accessed from inside - not the roof? My alpine has multiple return air registers - none of which are under the AC. Just spoke to Keystone customer service who said Alpines were not on the recall. She would not send me an EOL resister. Suggested I take it to a dealer or have a mobile tech look into it. They would have to contact Keystone to try to initiate a recall. On mine it sounds like the AC would have to be pulled from the roof - not a simple fix. Won't be back to the RV until October. Hopefully Alpines will be addressed by then.
haiduan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:06 AM   #38
smithfrh

Mine was accessed from the inside by removing the cover/filter housing from the bedroom ac
smithfrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 01:43 PM   #39
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiduan View Post
I have the same problem with the bedroom AC not working properly. Am I correct that the fix to the AC is accessed from inside - not the roof? My alpine has multiple return air registers - none of which are under the AC. Just spoke to Keystone customer service who said Alpines were not on the recall. She would not send me an EOL resister. Suggested I take it to a dealer or have a mobile tech look into it. They would have to contact Keystone to try to initiate a recall. On mine it sounds like the AC would have to be pulled from the roof - not a simple fix. Won't be back to the RV until October. Hopefully Alpines will be addressed by then.
The overhead AC ductwork is a racetrack.. both zone 1 and zone 2 AC 7nits feed the track..

Part of the major problem, with ALL 2021 Alpines is the duct work underneath the AC units was done by “Joe thr Janitor” and is some 9f the worst excuse for craftsmanship ever seen..

The EOL resistor for Alpine using In Command is located on the last zone roof AC gateway.. ot is accessed via the roof by removing the plastic outer cover and then the EVAP condenser cover.. it is usually tucked into the return duct work

On older Alpines without In Commamd HVAC control the EOL resistor is located on the LAST roof AC gateway unit located on the roof

This video will show you what is wrong with the ductwork under both roof AC units and until you pull both units (4 bolts) .. no wires to disconnect and correct the mess you find you will NEVER get good cold air

See video from my YouTube channel.. this shows what’s the issues underneath ALL 2021 AC units

https://youtu.be/-QJTxSDZRWE

If you can change a tire you can do this yourself. If not then locate a mobile RV Tech, show him this video and tell him this is what needs fixed

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 05:24 PM   #40
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiduan View Post
I would urge you to get with the dealer while you still have Keystone's 1 year warranty (hopefully) on the trailer. Once that year is over, you have no Keystone support with any of the equipment or components. What you'll probably end up with in that situation is ASA telling you it's a Keystone problem and Keystone telling you that your warranty expired and they can't offer you any help.

That's when you become an "orphan with no place to hang your hat"....

I'd push Keystone for a resolution without wasting time. Once you hit that "magical warranty expiration" I'd bet you that Keystone won't offer any help, telling you to contact your dealer or ASA for support with "their system".....

We've seen it time after time in posts on this and other forums and the result has almost always ended up costing the owner for repairs when the component manufacturer says it's a Keystone problem and Keystone refuses to repair the trailer.

The clock's ticking if you have any warranty remaining. And, most extended warranty plans don't cover much, if any of the "high tech operating systems".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
incommand