Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #41
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
While received an e mail mine has been built and shipping date 18-25 of April. But like has been mentioned above in other posts. They have left the option of the spray in bed line and the 5th wheel prep to the dealer. Which sucks bead liner not so much but the 5th wheel prep. It will cost me more for dealer to do then if it was done at the factory.
Just an update week ago received e mail truck had been shipped. Then yesterday received email deliver date has been changed. How can a date be changed after it supposedly had been shipped. What a bunch of BS.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 04:03 PM   #42
pasayten

Quote:
Just an update week ago received e mail truck had been shipped. Then yesterday received email deliver date has been changed. How can a date be changed after it supposedly had been shipped. What a bunch of BS.
Yep... same here... Shipped with original arrival date 4/23... Now 4/29... Got stuck in a rail yard in Nebraska... Needs to get to Salt Lake City and then trucked to Boise. Might be some delays in trucking also... Shipping and schedules nowadays are very unpredictable. :-(

2022 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali Crew Cab Gas
2021 Cougar R26RBS
pasayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 04:33 PM   #43
LERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Ford stopped accepting 2022 model year orders on 4/1. They will be focusing their resources on the order backlog (some orders going back 6-7 months). It is likely that they will not open order banks for the 2023 model year until late summer/early fall. If they start with a clean slate at that time, we should see more typical 12 week lead times. If you want a new truck anytime soon, you may want to start beating the bushes for something already in the order queue that is close to what you want or it may be a long wait. My friend ordered his in late January and was told last week that it may not get built until late July or early August (28 week “average” time from order to delivery).

2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) Important Retail Order Bank Update

After April 1, 2022 - Ford will no longer accept new 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) retail orders.

KEY DATES
April 1, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EST to submit new 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) retail orders
April 8, 2022: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10pm EST for new retail orders to be considered for 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) scheduling

Ford will continue to prioritize existing verified retail orders pending supply/commodity availability.
WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after April 1, 2022
Body and PEP codes cannot be changed

New customer retail orders will once again be accepted with the opening of the 2023 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) order banks later this year
More information about 2023 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) will be shared at a later date
I heard a very bad rumor, and I think you're the one that has ears to the ground to know if it's B.S.

I finally took a drive of a used '21 F250 only to see the interior layout (Lariat) and drive the engine. This dealer has no duallys in stock or on order. It's either wait for a '23 or order a Ram dually. (Which isn't bad, I just prefer the Ford) But the rumor I heard is that the factory currently has enough 2022 Super Duty orders to last until late December, and the order banks for a 2023 won't open till spring.

Is this something you possibly could know if it's true?
I certainly appreciate any insight you could share. Unless you're sworn to secrecy.
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:25 PM   #44
John&Genny

Quote:
My F-350 was held up twice at the rail yards for supposedly a "Conveyance Mechanical Failure". My arse, they sidelined the auto carrier to transport higher priority cargo. Anyway, it added almost 3 weeks to my delivery time after it left the Kentucky plant.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:41 AM   #45
pasayten

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasayten View Post
Yep... same here... Shipped with original arrival date 4/23... Now 4/29... Got stuck in a rail yard in Nebraska... Needs to get to Salt Lake City and then trucked to Boise. Might be some delays in trucking also... Shipping and schedules nowadays are very unpredictable. :-(
The truck made it to Salt Lake City and off the rail car... Now awaiting truck transport to Boise... New arrival date May 5th...

UPDATE: Truck arrived at dealer May 5th... Yay!!!

2022 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali Crew Cab Gas
2021 Cougar R26RBS
pasayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 03:24 AM   #46
NH_Bulldog

Someone on Blue Oval has had their truck sitting at the offload ramp in Colorado for weeks with no movement. They drove there to try to see it and there was a sea of vehicles and about 20 fully loaded auto transport trucks lined up and ready to go.

It isn’t Ford’s fault (or Chevy or Ram, or Toyota, etc.), the transport companies are the bottleneck. There are simply not enough qualified drivers to keep up with demand. When things slowed to a crawl, there was no work for these specially trained transport drivers so they found other work and now that things have picked up there is a shortage. It isn’t as simple as driving from A to B, it takes a lot of knowledge and skill to load and unload these carriers and the driver is responsible for any damages, so drivers are not stepping over each other to drive the transport trucks.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:34 AM   #47
flybouy
Site Team

And with historic high diesel prices I don't see it changing any time soon. I've noticed about 10 stations last few days around here and most are $5.79/gal. I don't know how any independent OTR driver can make it.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 05:44 AM   #48
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
And with historic high diesel prices I don't see it changing any time soon. I've noticed about 10 stations last few days around here and most are $5.79/gal. I don't know how any independent OTR driver can make it.
I “filled” my truck last night (pump shuts off at $100 which does NOT fill my 34 gallon tank), and gas was $4.099/gallon and I looked at the diesel pump which showed $6.119/gallon…OUCH!
Old 05-04-2022, 06:39 AM   #49
Camping family

While finally my truck has arrived at the dealer took 8 months. Now it has to be sent out to have the spray in bed liner done. Then the dealer has to install the 5th wheel prep package.
Why fords didn’t do it at the factory is beyond me.Click image for larger version

Name:	5A0E2FDE-06E9-4410-BD31-D228635E068F.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	39561

F350 king ranch
Old 05-04-2022, 07:17 AM   #50
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
I heard a very bad rumor, and I think you're the one that has ears to the ground to know if it's B.S.

I finally took a drive of a used '21 F250 only to see the interior layout (Lariat) and drive the engine. This dealer has no duallys in stock or on order. It's either wait for a '23 or order a Ram dually. (Which isn't bad, I just prefer the Ford) But the rumor I heard is that the factory currently has enough 2022 Super Duty orders to last until late December, and the order banks for a 2023 won't open till spring.

Is this something you possibly could know if it's true?
I certainly appreciate any insight you could share. Unless you're sworn to secrecy.
I was at the dealer in my area Jacksonville, Nc yesterday making arrangements to pick up my truck that just arrived after 8 months. In talking with them and with fords in Detroit. The info I received is fords is not taking any more orders for the super duty trucks. What the dealers have is all there is. They also are not taking orders for expeditions or the broncos. Orders that have been placed for broncos are now a year out. No ideal when dealers will be able to order more super duty trucks. Dealers all over are very upset. My dealer is a large dealership normally they have a lot full of trucks. They have none and most other dealers don’t have any. Problem is it’s not only fords gmc and Ram have the same problem.
Old 05-04-2022, 09:26 AM   #51
NH_Bulldog

Camping Family; Nice truck! The reason that Ford did not install your 5th wheel prep or spray in bedliner is because Ford does not install these items. The truck is built and then leaves the factory to a third party shop literally across the street where that work is done. That shop, like many businesses has a shortage of qualified labor and materials to get the work done in a timely manner and doesn’t have to space to park all the trucks in line for the upfitting. It would be months of additional time for them to get to your truck, so be thankful it got shipped and your dealership is doing the work!

As for production, there are no more retail orders and Ford is working to build everything that is in queue. Dealers, just like retail customers with orders in the pipeline will continue to receive vehicles as they are built and shipped. Expeditions are built on the same parallel production lines as the Superduty, but at a much lower volume since there is less demand. All in all, an average of 88 vehicles per hour are built. Extrapolate that into two shifts, seven days a week (assuming no shutdowns due to material shortages) and they are building about 9,800 vehicles per week. At the current estimated backlog of 180,000 vehicles in the order queue, that is 18 weeks, or 4 1/2 months, which brings us to sometime in September.

The 2023 Expedition order banks open on 6/15, scheduling begins 7/14 and production starts 9/12. The Super Duty timing “could” be similar, but is unlikely because Ford will want to build as many trucks as 2022 models before introducing the 2023 models with additional features, possibly pulling customers out of the 2022’s already in line for production and then you end up with trucks no one wants.

My best “guesstimate” on 2023 Super Duty production is that you will see order acceptance starting in late August/early September, production starting in October and first models arriving at dealers around the first of the year. I say “guesstimate” because we live in crazy times and a lot can happen between now and then…..
Old 05-04-2022, 10:23 AM   #52
travelin texans

Quote:
Camping Family; Nice truck! The reason that Ford did not install your 5th wheel prep or spray in bedliner is because Ford does not install these items. The truck is built and then leaves the factory to a third party shop literally across the street where that work is done. That shop, like many businesses has a shortage of qualified labor and materials to get the work done in a timely manner and doesn’t have to space to park all the trucks in line for the upfitting. It would be months of additional time for them to get to your truck, so be thankful it got shipped and your dealership is doing the work!

As for production, there are no more retail orders and Ford is working to build everything that is in queue. Dealers, just like retail customers with orders in the pipeline will continue to receive vehicles as they are built and shipped. Expeditions are built on the same parallel production lines as the Superduty, but at a much lower volume since there is less demand. All in all, an average of 88 vehicles per hour are built. Extrapolate that into two shifts, seven days a week (assuming no shutdowns due to material shortages) and they are building about 9,800 vehicles per week. At the current estimated backlog of 180,000 vehicles in the order queue, that is 18 weeks, or 4 1/2 months, which brings us to sometime in September.

The 2023 Expedition order banks open on 6/15, scheduling begins 7/14 and production starts 9/12. The Super Duty timing “could” be similar, but is unlikely because Ford will want to build as many trucks as 2022 models before introducing the 2023 models with additional features, possibly pulling customers out of the 2022’s already in line for production and then you end up with trucks no one wants.

My best “guesstimate” on 2023 Super Duty production is that you will see order acceptance starting in late August/early September, production starting in October and first models arriving at dealers around the first of the year. I say “guesstimate” because we live in crazy times and a lot can happen between now and then…..
Hell in another 4-5 months, maybe 4-5 weeks, you won't be able afford to put fuel in them anyway if things keep going as they are.
Someone is doing their very best to force all of us into EVs that you can't get either!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:28 PM   #53
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Hell in another 4-5 months, maybe 4-5 weeks, you won't be able afford to put fuel in them anyway if things keep going as they are.
Someone is doing their very best to force all of us into EVs that you can't get either!
While no ev for me. It can’t pull my boat or 5th wheel. So I will just be like others and suck it up and pay the price. I’m sure that 7.2 in the new truck while pulling the 5th wheel will like the gas. But what can we do about it. Just camp on.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:17 PM   #54
LERD

Quote:

Well, that's much better than December. I think my dealer is trying to scare people into buying the way overpriced used trucks they have.

Pretty soon we'll all be saying "I remember back in my day, a used truck cost less than a new one"!
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 03:57 AM   #55
jasin1

saw this at a local dealers lot the other day…used truck and $125000…wow…wonder what they gave the guy for trade in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B53202A5-C5C6-4745-81FB-D67FD8FD04EF.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	39628  
Old 05-07-2022, 04:25 AM   #56
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
saw this at a local dealers lot the other day…used truck and $125000…wow…wonder what they gave the guy for trade in
I don't know what kind of deal they did, but the window sticker on that VIN lists it with an MSRP of $98,095.00, so the dealer's asking $27K more than it cost new.... Here's the window sticker for that specific truck (by VIN). Thankfully the previous owner ordered it with the optional console vault, you'll need it to carry your spare change LOL

The dealer listing is here: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/m-Al-P...329245830/NONE

IMO, ya gotta be real hard up for a truck to pay that much over window sticker for a used truck with 9700 miles on it. "JUST WOW" !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21067 VIN.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	39629  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:49 AM   #57
NH_Bulldog

The dealer where I picked up my new truck had a 2022 F350 Lariat on their lot for $123,000. The sticker was $77,000. I asked them if they were serious and he showed me all the “upgrades” they added to the truck to “justify” the price (lift, wheels, tires, exhaust, etc).
Old 05-07-2022, 05:31 AM   #58
flybouy
Site Team

It's a shame. No supply, high inflation creates panic buying which creates higher prices and less availability. It's a vicious circle. I can't imagine the banks financing the same percentages (10% down on msrp vs 10% down on a 30% upcharge) so I'm guessing buyers are having to pony up much higher down payments if financing. When this economy "corrects" there's going to be a lot of folks upside down in what they owe or laid out vs the "corrected" value of what they have. The repo buissness should boom.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:30 AM   #59
travelin texans

Awhile back there was a thread about CW price gouging on parts, well if this isn't price gouging I guess I don't know what is!
As you've read in the past I'm not a Ford fan & I wouldn't give $77k for a brand new one let alone $123k for a used one. That thing will be sitting on the lot til the tires rot off if it were up to me!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:01 AM   #60
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
It's a shame. No supply, high inflation creates panic buying which creates higher prices and less availability. It's a vicious circle. I can't imagine the banks financing the same percentages (10% down on msrp vs 10% down on a 30% upcharge) so I'm guessing buyers are having to pony up much higher down payments if financing. When this economy "corrects" there's going to be a lot of folks upside down in what they owe or laid out vs the "corrected" value of what they have. The repo buissness should boom.
If I were looking to replace my 2001 Ram 2500 CTD with 315k right now, I would wait, I would do a deep preventative maintenance and hang on until things got more normal!
If/When the adjustment comes I agree many may be owing way more on both a truck and RV than they are worth.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote