Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2023, 10:58 AM   #1
Eyesie

Cover for front of Keystone Bullet

Having just spent some "fun time" buffing the front of my trailer, I was wondering if anyone knew of a bra type cover that I could use to protect it while it is sitting?
I don't want to go the full cover route, I was hoping for something I could clip on.
Any advice is appreciated.

Alan
Eyesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 06:31 PM   #2
Bill-2020

No such thing. “ Wax on, wax off” at least once a year. More if you notice it dulling again.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:03 PM   #3
bobbecky

This company in Palm Springs does covers for the front of fifth wheels, so it should be good for any rig. https://sunguard.com/product/5th-wheel-front-covers/
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 06:13 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I would be very reluctant to put a black cover on an aluminum or FILON travel trailer nose. We have had more than a few posts in the past about water entrapment causing steam to form under the top layer of the FILON causing it to peel and blister. As for the aluminum front trailers (similar to the corrugated side aluminum skin), there is only a very thin coat of paint baked onto the surface. Any movement of the cover from wind will potentially "sand the paint off the aluminum".... Even if that doesn't happen, the black cover will increase the heat under the cover. Any moisture that might be under the aluminum skin will turn to steam, "pressure cook the wood structure and fiberglass insulation as well as "supersaturate the luan behind the front wall you see inside the trailer.....

Sometimes, "piling on the protection" is not the best way to actually protect the trailer surface.....

Waxing, keeping it clean with regular washes is not only "easier on the wallet" but may actually be the best way to protect the ENTIRE trailer, not just the front skin surface..... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 05:45 AM   #5
KenJFerguson

Thank you for the link... just what I was looking for after spending $850 for a vinyl wrap to hide the horrible oxidation suffered by the defective paint jobs on these front caps at the time my 2014 was built. TO protect my investment I am looking for some kind of cover to protect the vinyl from the hot Georgia sun when the rig is sitting in the driveway.

Tags
bullet, cover, keystone