Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
old_dog

Keystone Columbia

In late 2001 we purchased a Keystone Columbia 28' travel trailer. It was presented as top of the line by the sales people. This was our first RV and we've learned (the hard way) what to look for if there's ever a next one. What a piece of junk. If we could afford to replace it, it would be long gone. On our first trip we returned to the dealer with four pages of warranty repair items, including the shower and bathroom sink being routed to the black water tank.

The sliders leak even after new seals. if it's raining they have to be closed or they leak. Shoddy interior work including floor trim over a furnace vent, floor trim poorly matched and linolium gaps. The exterior has an aluminum skirt only silghtly thicker than a beer can and easy to damage, the skirting was not attached to the frame well enough and started coming loose after 3k miles, the plumbing was only supported by plumber's tape in two places resulting in too much movement that caused BOTH gray and black water tanks sprung leaks where the pipes are attached.

Most all of the warranty items were repaired to our satisfaction by the dealer. Several of the other problems (including slider and holding tank leaks) occurred after the manufacturer's warranty expired. The extended warranty proved to be worthless as every time we called the answer was "that isn't covered."

The quality of the Keystone Columbia is substandard front to back. They must not have made too many of them as NADA doesn't even list the Columbia model. I don't hesitate to bad mouth Keystone whenever I get the chance and I obviously would NEVER PURCHASE A KEYSTONE PRODUCT AGAIN!
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
mackhawk

Columbia models are junk

I understand and share your pain. I also have a 2001 Keystone Columbia 22-FB TT. And like you it has been and continues to be one big pain in my backside and my wallet. Your sliders leak. Mine it is the roof and around the windows. I have had part of one wall delaminate also. I called Keystone to ask them how the get a trade-in value on the Columbia models and They told me that there is no way get one and that for all intents purposes it is orphan RV and is worthless. My wife and I have also decided that if we ever buy another RV it will never be a KEYSTONE PRODUCT again.
mackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Just be glad you did not buy a Keystone Zeppelin
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
old_dog

It Is Sold!

The Columbia is history. I sold it last year and purchased a used motorhome. The difference in quality is astounding. I told the buyer everything bad that I knew about the POS and gave him a terrific deal. I hope his experience is better than mine.

Adios Keystone!
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote