Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
mel07green

Obsessing over every flaw like a mental

Is it just me, or do others get all OCD over every nick and scratch on their new RV? Just noticed a scuff on the stainless-steel fridge and now I can't stop thinking about it. Yesterday it was a misaligned cabinet door. The day before, a gouge in the slide-out woodwork.
I think I need medicating.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
mhs4771

Relax, sit down and pour yourself a cold one. It's going to happen as much as we try to avoid it. Have you ever known a friend who when they get a new vehicle will find a hidden area and dent it with a hammer. I know I only had my 2001 Monte Carlo several weeks before a Deer ran into the rear quarter panel and put a baseball side dent. So the best you can do is try to be careful, but know it will happen sooner or later. Happy camping with your new rig.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
antiqfreq

Only did that when it was first new - it is three years old now, and I am just glad I am warm - as it is 20 degrees for next two days!

jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
HigginsPod

Talking Love my Pod!!

Stress--CD?? Yes, that those are good words,I worry over everything to include the weather. This morning......... it was 7 degrees, snow on the ground, snow on the Pod. And I was worried that the Pod was cold!!! Think it is lonely. Worry about scratches, bug guts, nicks, dirty windows, anything that looks or smells out of the ordinary!! Worry getting gas, worry hauling it-- that there are rocks going to hit it. Stress getting into some CGs not to mentions sites. Worried when we took 2 year old grandson camping.......... Thankfully the Pod came out scratchfree on that one Only a year old....... maybe I will get over this and then again .............. maybe not!

Happy camping to you and yours from me and mine!
2010 Chevy HD Silverado
HigginsPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

The Higgins........ You really do need a vacation. A stress-free one. When Spring arrives, load up, stick The Eagles CD, "Hell Freezes Over" into your CD player, Track #1 "Get Over It". Drive off, press "Play", sit back, enjoy the music and don't sweat the small stuff..........life is too short to worry about dirty windows, bug guts and 2 year old grandsons.

Like you said in your sign-off -----"Happy Camping"
Old 01-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
mel07green

Thanks for the giggle. Good to see I'm not alone.

Last night I pushed the button to open the electric rice cooker, which hit the cabinet above it, chipping it, before the whole contraption flung itself to the floor then slammed into the cabinet opposite.

At least now I'm over the scratch on the fridge ...
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
The Higgins........ You really do need a vacation. A stress-free one. When Spring arrives, load up, stick The Eagles CD, "Hell Freezes Over" into your CD player, Track #1 "Get Over It". Drive off, press "Play", sit back, enjoy the music and don't sweat the small stuff..........life is too short to worry about dirty windows, bug guts and 2 year old grandsons.

Like you said in your sign-off -----"Happy Camping"
Jim Morris's "Laid back and Key wasted" or maybe some Buffett tunes but, nothing with the words freeze or cold in it. ( the mention of a "cold one" is the only exception )
After a while even some of last years bug juice on the front cap isn't a problem as long as everything works correctly and safely. ..... you had to go and get me thinking about a cold one .... oh well it is 5 o'clock somewhere. Cheers, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #8
Outbackmel

Blue Rhino gas grill Atlanta RV Show

Yesterday it was "71" WOW degrees in Atlanta...the RV show was packed and sales were posted on show vehicles and from a lay point of view; I would say the success was t-riffic!

Not enough "parts/accessories" on display; however; one small camper had a grill standing attached that caught my attention. Of course the grill was not for sale, it went with the unit.

Looks like something I "possibly" want....as in previous threads; I have the outdoor cookstove with the gas port from the main LP tanks. The "BLUE RHINO" gas grill was hooked up from an outside port just like on my Outback. QUESTION: ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A BLUE RHINO GAS GRILL? If yes; would you buy it again? Giving you the service you anticipated? Quality ok?

Gotta go ride my Harley....65 degrees here in Atlanta today! Just 17 more days and heading to Florida...this "retirement" is ROUGH I tell you
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote