Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2022, 01:40 PM   #1
scrwdrvr

Newbie Montana owner

Not sure if this is the right forum, but have a question. Just recently purchased a 2013 Montana 3582rl. It is missing the complete awning, I want to replace it. Dont know what manufacture use to be there. It does have a Lippert remote that operates slides, landing gear, lights and awning. Believe it to be 17 foot wide and looks like it takes the short arms since one of the arms is at goose neck area. Would like to purchase a 12v powered complete kit. Tried calling Shade Pro but was told they didnt have a kit that has my measurements. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
scrwdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 02:08 PM   #2
Laredo Tugger

Special order through a dealer from the factory? Yes it may end up costing a little more but outside of that you will have to shop aftermarket and an item like that can not easily be carried to the counter of your local parts house for a comparison. Meaning, you should get the correct part from a dealer the first time, and if not the return shipping nightmare is not on you.
You stated that "you" want to replace the awning. Does this mean you will be doing your own install? If so we have a few folks on here that may have some tips to help you. I do not have any experience with this particular endeavor but I think I can safely say you will need some help. Definitely looks like at least a two man (person) job.
Good luck
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:47 PM   #3
wrvond

Solara is Lippert’s most commonly used brand and is what is on my son’s 2018 3855br High Country.
Here’s a YouTube video that gives a good look at what yours should look like:

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:26 AM   #4
scrwdrvr

Thumbs up Thanks for info

Sorry for the delay reply, been busy with job. Thanks for info. Just ordered complete set from Lippert. Now just have to wait to receive and hope its not difficult to install. Thanks
scrwdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana, newbie