Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2022, 09:41 PM   #1
MT_Stew

Carbon 348 - Converter location?

Installed LiFePO4 batteries, need to upgrade the converter as it doesn't support a proper charging profile for non lead acid batteries.

Any clue on exactly where the converter is located?

I pulled off the WFCO panel below the pump/generator controls. The converter is NOT build into the panel like I had hoped. I'm assuming the black chord on the left (with breaker labeled converter) runs to the converter, but I can't for the life of me see the dang thing. Its not in the nest behind the WFCO box. Its not under the stairs. Its not directly accessible (that I can see) via the slide storage.

At a loss on where they tucked the blasted thing (and if I can shimmy my body into whatever cavern is required).
MT_Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 05:22 AM   #2
ChuckS

From the power center panel inside remove the cover and look at the DC side .. it’s on the right on most and is where all the ATC fuses are at..

You will see two BUS bars.. the negative and positive leads of the converter are attached directly to the BUS bars..

Follow the heavy leads right to the converter

The OEM WFCO converter will not charge your new style batteries so you might as well order a replacement unit that will

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter