Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2022, 03:12 PM   #21
lcarver02

Your exactly right. I have zero faith in China Bombs from any manufacturer. They will separate with no warning, even if inflated and checked on each trip. Better to get rid of them now. I went to Goodyear Endurance - 2nd year and they are great. My advice is to use them. TPMS is a good system, keep at max pressure. Upgrade to E-Load if you can and NEVER use China Bombs. Glad I did not loose my life when mine bulged and ballooned. Thanks for warning everyone.
lcarver02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:48 PM   #22
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietzldub View Post
We had two blow outs in one day with a Wind Jammer we had that had china bombs on it. Thankfully there was two different tire shops within 50 miles that had Good Year Endurance’s and changed all 4 tires before we would go anywhere. So know how you feel.
That was my biggest fear...that we were replacing a 2 year old China Bomb with a 5 year old China Bomb that's been sitting under the trailer since 2017.

I'm very glad you're here to tell the tail.
Rocketsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:57 PM   #23
packnrat

Post changing a trire.

as a commercial driver, some on call tire changing company's will refuse to change a tire unless you are off the freeway. and not ever on the side of a two lane. (unless there is NO other option).

way too many tire guys have been hurt/killed by a fool not giving way for safety.
so if ever possible put on your hazard light and putt along at 1 mph to get off the rd. but be as far to the right as you can get.

buy a set of trucker triangles (less room and weight than 4-5 cones) and learn how to set them up correctly. and also place a bright flood light pointing forward even in the daylight. for any reason you must stop on a freeway or highway.
as for the wife, get her one of those hand held air horns.
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:54 PM   #24
bsmith0404

The one time I had a flat (nail) my some watched on coming traffic, if someone didn’t change lanes he’d yell to me, I’d move around the front of the 5er until they passed. Only had to do that three times, but a pain in the keester to keep having to stop working because some idiot doesn’t know to change lanes and give a person a safety margin.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:52 AM   #25
Customer1

I'll never risk my life changing a tire in an unsafe location. My last tire failure I stopped long enough to quickly inspect the damage, got back in and drove slowly in the breakdown lane five miles to the exit. I don't care if I destroy the wheel or bend an axle, I will NOT risk my life!

I once destroyed a Cragar SS mag wheel driving in a similar situation with no regrets.

Tags
tires