Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2022, 04:38 PM   #1281
NH_Bulldog

Tonight I finally got around to installing my Micro-Air Easystart! I don’t have a “walkable” roof but I managed pretty good just the same. Install was really simple and I think I spent more time making everything neat and tidy than I did actually making connections. While I was in there I cleaned the condenser coil fan which had a bunch of crud accumulated at the base of the blades and had been the source of an annoying vibration inside. After the module learning process was completed, I tested it with my Generac inverter generator and it cycled so smooth with almost no noticeable change in the generator pitch. Inside, I now only barely hear a small click when the compressor kicks in and then cold air. This thing is really incredible!
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 05:32 AM   #1282
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
... I tested it with my Generac inverter generator and it cycled so smooth with almost no noticeable change in the generator pitch. Inside, I now only barely hear a small click when the compressor kicks in and then cold air. This thing is really incredible!
They are a great device!
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:15 PM   #1283
NH_Bulldog

Getting ready for out upcoming multi-week trip, we turned our attention to replacing our awning that was damaged in storage in the winter of 2020-2021 (someone backed a 45’ 5th wheel into the side of our trailer crushing the 19’ awning roller tube and ripping the awning fabric among other damages). Due to pandemic material and labor shortages, by the time our new awning and roller tube came after 7 months, the trailer was back in storage for the winter. It was a project I was dreading so I put it off until today.

Surprisingly, it was a pretty simple job after Lippert directed me to a Youtube video of theirs. My wife and I were able to do it ourselves in about 20 minutes from start to finish! There was no roller spring involved, so it was pretty straightforward. Phew, now I can rest a little easier knowing that was my last planned major project for this year. Now we can get out and have some relaxing travel adventures!
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:31 PM   #1284
Bustinbeards

Rode out to check on the camper cut the grass around it and Sealed up some filon on the edges, sealed the edges of the roof with some dicor and replaced a scissor jack that was bent by the previous owner.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:48 PM   #1285
Nmcobb

Install Propane Tank level gauges
Hookup and test new EMS
Organize some new sewer supplies
Install Fridge Bars
Old 06-14-2022, 06:26 AM   #1286
markcee

Replaced our dining chairs with a couple of booths from Recpro.com. Much more comfortable for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804 (1).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	40237  
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:39 AM   #1287
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Replaced our dining chairs with a couple of booths from Recpro.com. Much more comfortable for us.
Wow! Those look quite plush!

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:02 AM   #1288
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Wow! Those look quite plush!
Yep....they are that. Very comfortable. Was a little nervous buying sight unseen online, but very happy with the look and feel.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:21 PM   #1289
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
To follow up; Well, got the steps and today was the day to install them. Went to the barn and pulled the MorRyde steps out and brought the trailer to the house as I wanted to wash/wax it when the steps were done. Took the entry plate out to install....it was for a 24" door vs a 28!! Definitely not what I wanted. Called etrailer; right part number on the Torklift box but apparently they put the wrong steps in the box or slapped the wrong sticker on it. Last one etrailer had. They will be working with Torklift tomorrow to expedite a replacement but.... Thought I had a pretty high opinion of Torklift but hmmmm. Etrailer goes above and beyond. Oh, watch out for anything being delivered by UPS. This big box was destroyed. The steps had obviously come out of the box, been thrown back in willy nilly and they had used regular packing tape to try to "sort of" put it all back together. Not a happy camper this afternoon.

To put an end to this mod story (almost);

Spent from the 5th until the 19th trying to get replacement steps from etrailer (they had no more) then Torklift (who put the wrong steps in the box originally). Etrailer worked well for me but Torklift doesn't really "get on the ball". The only reason I wanted these was because I could not get in the trailer in the storage barn due to the fixed MorRyde steps. I had read good reviews so went with it. At almost $900 I hoped they would warrant the cost. So;

The original steps of the wrong size came in a box from Torklift mislabeled. The upper, thick ears were bent. The box upon arrival was torn up badly. The 2nd set of steps directly from Torklift came in and the box was worse and the steps were just hanging out the bottom sitting on my front porch. The rubber feet had been torn off by UPS I suppose, the bag with all the hardware had holes torn in it and some of the hardware was missing. The rotating feet were bent and I don't see how UPS could do that without a 16lb. sledge so attribute that to Torklift QC. The bracket that goes inside the door wasn't square and you couldn't make it square as it arched the base across the bottom of the door. Both brackets for both sets of steps did that so guess it's a manufacturing/design defect. Trying to use the extendable legs literally takes 2 people as they seem to be in a permanently stuck mode.
Hardware is chinchy, directions aren't very good. I won't go on.

I put them on because I want them to get in the RV. If it weren't for that I would have the Morryde steps back on there in a heartbeat. They're heavy to put in the door, take out and collapse/pull out.

I am not impressed with Torklift from a quality standpoint or follow up on their product failures. Etrailer was good. If you're looking for an "upgrade" to the MorRyde step above steps this isn't it. If you need the versatility of the extending steps then you may need to get them as I did and deal with it. BTW, still haven't been told how to get the wrong set of steps back. They told me I could use the old box, I told them I don't think a flap and roll of packing tape will get it done. The solution to that is still waiting.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:42 PM   #1290
flybouy
Site Team

Seems like a common theme these days. I took my 18 month old computer to Micro Warehouse because it wouldn't boot. They said it was the motherboard which made sense to me. I told them to replace it. After well over a week (included Mem. Day). I get a rext one of the has is in error causing an issue so the tech left it unplugged. Now to be clear, I have two M2 1 TB drives on the mb and two 6 tb sata drives as well as an external sata 4 tb back up drive.

Two days later same issue. Take it back and after 2 days tech texts me (their ONLY form of communication as there's no phone!) and says the 6 tb HD THAT I PUT IN AFTER I GOT IT BACK is bad. What a bunch of idiots. I was building my own computers in the late 1970's and had my house networked with Banyon Vines before this dude was born. I only took it them because my hands are so bad small screws are too much of a challenge.

Long story but brought it home, Cheched all connections by removing sound and video cards and the 64 gig of memory and reset everthing. All works well with no data loss. I swear, you can't depend on anybody to do their job anymore.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:37 PM   #1291
Bandit12

In the process of upgrading the shore power connection from the big stiff short cord and twist lock connector to a 50 amp smart plug. I got the female cord end yesterday, so I took my 30 foot Camco extension cord to work and cut the female end off. Got home and started the install. Followed the instructions, but found I needed just a pinch more of the outer jacket stripped back. Instructions say to cut it back 1.75 inches. Once I started to put the wires in the plug end, two of the wires were on opposite sides of the bundle from what the plug requires. I needed an additional .25 inch of slack on the loose wires to get them to reach the connections on the plug. I finally got it connected and the plug completely assembled. Using the Camco cord instead of the factory shore power cord will work so much better for me. The Camco cord is longer and way more flexible, and as a bonus, I can wrap it up in the Stromberg Carlson basket I got. The factory cord would not bend enough to fit in that basket. Now I have to wait about a week to get the trailer male end. Side note: when the DW asked me to pull up the floor grates for the heat and vacuum them, I took a minute to pull the panel at the back of the trailer to take a look at the back of the shore power connection. To my surprise, the cord coming out of that connector is no bigger than a 30 amp shore power cord.

Next project I completed was the installation of the RV Airflow A/C insert. That project got put on hold last week when I received my kit and realized the self adhesive gaskets for the duct inserts were not included in the box with the kit. A quick call to the company got me an apology, a promise the gaskets would be shipped out that day, and a refund of $20 for my inconvenience. The gaskets showed up today, and it took me about 45 minutes to finish the installation. I lost my air shower at the back half of the A/C but it did make a noticeable reduction in noise and a greatly improved airflow from the ducts. Overall, so far, I'm happy with it. We'll be able to tell how much better it is when we're on our month long cross country trip. Leaving in about 30 days for the east coast and back to attend my sons wedding in Delaware, camp with my best friend from high school in PA, take my DW to attend a work conference in MN, spend a few days on our newly acquired property in SD, and back home to California.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:03 PM   #1292
Bandit12

I finished the Smart Plug installation on the trailer today. The hardest part was getting the factory plug apart. And that was entirely my fault. I looked over the exterior of the receptacle and saw what I thought were two push points to release the cover shroud. I could NOT get that thing to let go. I summoned my inner Grumpy Old Aircraft Mechanic and got out my Dremel and using a burr bit, cut the darn thing loose. Once I did, I realized there were two small screws INSIDE the receptacle to hold the rear cover to the plug assembly. Once I got that apart, installation was a breeze. Everything is color coded so there is zero chance of messing up the connections. I lined up and installed the self-adhesive gasket, trial fit the plug in the hole, made the connections and secured the receptacle to the trailer. Plugged everything back together and turned on the power. Nothing was smoking, so it looks like I got everything connected properly. Having this plug and cord is going to be way easier to stow and connect. Well worth the time and money.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	New plug exteriorLS.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	40462   Click image for larger version

Name:	New plug connected1LS.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	40463   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Plug interiorLS.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	40464   Click image for larger version

Name:	New plug exterior rear.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	40465  
Old 06-26-2022, 12:25 PM   #1293
Bandit12

The other project I finished this week was some additional bathroom storage. I can't take credit for the idea; I saw someone on another forum, and they provided me with the links to the parts and pieces on Amazon. I only used 3 of the 4 shelves, only put half the cross bars in the bottom shelf so you don't hit it with your head or neck when sitting on the throne, only used 2 of the three poles on each side and installed the poles upside down to let the upper shelves tighten down on the larger diameter pole. This is held in place by spring tension and the baskets are zip tied to the shelves, so they stay put going down the road.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bathroom rack landscape.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	400.8 KB
ID:	40461  
Old 06-26-2022, 01:18 PM   #1294
MarkEHansen

The pictures on this site want to display in landscape mode. If you take them that way, they'll show up correctly in the posting. Otherwise, you'll need to crop them so the final image is landscape.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:22 PM   #1295
Buffettfan

A buddy in Texas noticed something was up on his 5w today.
Luckily, it's in his driveway.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	856-B9-DCC-9-F8-B-4837-AED4-262-C510-B685-A.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	40458   Click image for larger version

Name:	204-EEB6-B-63-C0-429-D-BD74-7-D9298-D19120.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	40459  
Buffettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 01:29 PM   #1296
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffettfan View Post

Ouch! Now that's quite the surprise to walk out and find!
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:48 PM   #1297
Alpine

It is "what I had done" to my RV!!! We have had our 2012 Alpine since new and now has over 100,000 miles and counting.

The huge front cap decal was fading and had small cracks. So I had it stripped off and painted with automotive paint... the swooshes are also painted on with two colors to match the side decals (still in very good condition). Three coats of clearcoat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Alpine2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	40467  
Attached Images

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:11 PM   #1298
wrvond

Installed a set of snap pads. Will be spending this week in a field and figure the extra surface area will come in handy.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:19 PM   #1299
Lnm6170

Well did some little things installed new bathroom sink fauset . Installed a pass-through
behind shower fauset then installed new shower fauset and shower head .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220704_121353.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	40573   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220703_120319.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	40574   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220528_141745.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	40575  
Lnm6170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:04 AM   #1300
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffettfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Ouch! Now that's quite the surprise to walk out and find!
Ouch is right. But the driveway is the best place to find it. I hope he gets it nicely welded back for a No-Harm-No-Foul resolution.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote