Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2022, 08:20 PM   #21
sahively

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehoe View Post
Though this may not be popular, I decided to power the entire breaker panel by having shore power run through my inverter/charger/transfer switch first. I simply have the AC breaker turned off, and flip the microwave one on as required. (Added another breaker for the converters battery charger, and never use it) Saved a lot of extra wiring. 10 yrs and no problem so far. I don’t imagine the installed from the factory inverter is built for much more than the fridge load so probably not a great idea to overburden it..
Same. I just added a relay that kills the charging circuit when inverter power is sensed. Didn't want to deal with limits on what I could turn on or where I could plug in. I don't think many would realize to NOT power their space heater or A/C though so you won't see this config from the factory.
sahively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:26 AM   #22
pasayten

I did find a brochure for your 2021 Bullet with the OTG (off the grid) option package and it said your had a 1200 watt inverter and 3 wired outlets... I re-checked mine and they were on the outlet at the side of the front bed (drivers side), above the kitchen sink/stove area, and the TV/media center. None in the bathrooms.

Have the inverter on and disconnect from shore power... check your outlets for power.

2022 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali Crew Cab Gas
2021 Cougar R26RBS
pasayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:47 AM   #23
pasayten

Interesting... on my 2021 Cougar 26rbs, I found that besides the outlet by the bed (cpap), kitchen, and media center, my inverter also powers the outdoor refrigerator! That is really cool... pun intended... Looks like that takes about 50 watts when running.

2021 Cougar R26RBS
Old 06-18-2022, 03:38 AM   #24
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasayten View Post
Interesting... on my 2021 Cougar 26rbs, I found that besides the outlet by the bed (cpap), kitchen, and media center, my inverter also powers the outdoor refrigerator! That is really cool... pun intended... Looks like that takes about 50 watts when running.

It could be as it depends on your use. I suspect that the interior fridge setup would be better when disconnected. So it will drain your batteries quicker. So you'd need the 'charging headroom' (solar/otherwise) to keep ahead of this.

In most cases, this only holds non-perishable items "beverages" for us. I posted a future option in another note where I'm trying to get the outlet circuit on the "passenger side" of the trailer to be optionally activated. We tend to go on long trips with 5-7 hour drives. So this would allow me to keep the fridge running with the inverter only when driving.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:44 AM   #25
pasayten

As the outside refer outlet that it is plugged into is easily accessible, I kind of have that outside passenger side outlet you were looking for... :-)

2021 Cougar R26RBS
Old 06-19-2022, 02:48 AM   #26
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasayten View Post
As the outside refer outlet that it is plugged into is easily accessible, I kind of have that outside passenger side outlet you were looking for... :-)

Ah I now understand I interpreted that as a fridge in an outdoor kitchen. Im my setup the plug really is not easily accessible...but I do want to optionally run it on the inverter!
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter