Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2022, 10:29 AM   #21
apachewolf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
We use so few checks Betty can't remember when she last ordered checks. When we mail a check, we use the "safety" envelopes that you can't see through.
I imagine we will be mailing even fewer. If it's local I will be delivering face to face.
For years I have stamped by checks on the back "FOR DEPOSIT ONLY". But I don't hardly use checks any more. When I get a bill I pay it thru the bank service. Saves time and stamps.

Happy camping to all.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #22
wegone

You might try this....
I only go into the bank once a year to transfer money into my IRA, have to be in person, for some reason...
All other transactions on done online and we have phishing, fraud, etc, software on the computer that can be a little annoying, but worth the effort.
As with my credit cards, all have instant transaction verification to my phone, and a use range, outside of that like on vacation, I need to update its usage.
I carry the bare minimum cash, strictly using only one card.

As to banking, I have a zero fee cheap account I use online, etc, to purchase/pay with if I don't use my card.

I will move money to that account when needed, other than that, just keep chump change in it.

BTW, get to know your bankers, its easy where I live because we are not like a huge city. They know my habits, lifestyle...if something seems askew they'll call me pronto.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote