Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2022, 05:43 AM   #1
RobMcRaf

New user and owner of a 2018 177LHS. My first camper. A/C question.

New user and owner of a 2018 177LHS. My first camper (besides a realllly old pop-up that was basically a tent-on-wheels)

Camper was a good deal (~$11K fully furnished with basically everything they bought to go camping - prob about $1K in gear), but am wondering if those that have the 2018 Hideout have had problems with water from the side-mounted A/C unit dripping inside. When I inspected it prior to buying, it was not hot yet, and even though I noticed that the particleboard cabinet-top under the A/C unit was swollen, there didn't seem to be any other water damage. I figured it was from them having a coffee pot on it or something and spilling water.

Fast forward a couple months and my wife is out camping nearby in the trailer. We live in SE Virginia and it got above 90 for the first time this year and also got humid. I go out to check on her and everything under the AC unit is soaked. (She hadn't noticed for whatever reason). Water dripping from the underside of the AC enclosure. The camper was level.

I had to raise the right side of the trailer, and let some air out of the left tire and lower that side, as well as dig around the outside vent with a screwdriver, to eventually stop the dripping inside. The last thing to dry up was the drip running down the inside wall from the back of the ac enclosure.

based on the rust streak and, I think that it needs to be replaced, or at least something done. It's pretty loud anyways.

1) Has anyone else experienced this with the thru-wall AC unit?
2) is there a "sleeve" in there that is supposed to be waterproof?
3) Any suggestions on a replacement unit?
4) What landmines can I expect to encounter when I start ripping this thing apart when her camping time is up? I didn't want to destroy it yesterday and it seems to be OK today, although the camper is at a noticeable tilt.

I'm mechanically/electrically competent (former Nuc Sub Electrician), but new to a camper like this.
Thank you in advance from a camper-newbie
Rob
RobMcRaf is offline   Reply With Quote