Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2022, 03:36 PM   #1
Dilly541

Thumbs up Air Lift 1000HD bags in Ram

Just before getting our trailer out of storage this year, I installed a set of air bags on my Ram to try to help with the "load squat". I know they dont actually increase your load rating, but they do seem to help with the ride and the level adjustment.

Because the truck is set up with coil springs, the install was fairly easy and cost effective. I just took all the load off the back axle.

Followed the instructions, but took a tip from some install videos I saw on YouTube and heated the bags up CAREFULLY in the oven which made them more pliable. They actually slipped in fairly easily.

I only went to 35PSI for the maiden voyage. Seemed to work.

Just wanted to pass on that virtually anyone who can change out winter tires, could install a set of these.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:46 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks for sharing. Put those on my last Ram 1500. Realizing they don't do anything for payload but they did level up the bit of sag I had. Install would have been easy except I picked a day that was well below freezing. Finally heated the bags with a hair dryer for a while and it was much easier.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote