Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2022, 09:58 AM   #1
Rick-Happy Camper

STL to Disneyworld

Out of St Louis took I-64 to I-57,roads in reasonably good condition. I-57 to I-24, some pot holes but reasonably good. I-24 in Southern Illinois had a lot of construction. Long delays. Kentucky is replacing I-24. Great where resurfaced, rest is fairly rough, but passable. I-24 in Tennessee is horrendous. The last twenty miles before Nashville has pot holes over six inches deep and three to five feet across. Busted shsckleand spring on passenger rear Axel. Tore up auto level or and tire almost caught fire! After $1700 tow and an additional $2000 in repairs, back on road. Tow service told me they tow two three rec vehicles each day off of this stretch. Rest of road thru Nashville was rough, but passable. I-24 to Chattanooga is in fairly good shape. Beware long down hill grades. There is a good reason they have emergency turn offs. I-75 was in good condition. Try to avoid Atlanta during rush hours. Remainder of Georgia roads were in excellent condition. Florida roads were excellent, take the turnpike.

On suggestion for return, we took Turnpike to I-10. West to Highway231. 231 to Montgomery. I-65 to Montgomery. Up until Birmingham was good. I-65 in Birmingham has some pretty rough sections. We took I-22 west towards Memphis. Excellent road.
DO NOT take I-22 into Memphis- horrible road! Take 240 to I-55. I-55 is rough North of Memphis until Arkansas. It is terrible in Arkansas. I truly thought the front of my truck was coming apart!!! World of improvement as soon as we hit Missouri state line. Great road thru Missouri.

As a side, if you need DEF, stock up before Atlanta. South of Atlanta until Orlando, there basically isn't any. Paid $27.50 for 2.5 gallons, and there was only two containers left. Use Gas Buddy, I found sixty to eighty cent spread.
Rick-Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 03:27 PM   #2
bsmith0404

Sounds like a heck of a trip. I had to get DEF I. The box at a gas station the other day as well, also paid over $27, $29.10 with tax. Need to remember to get it at the pump for $3 a gallon before heading out on a trip.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote