Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
rturriff7

Water pressure in Laredo 291TG

When either hooked up to city water or using the pump, I have good kitchen water pressure and the toilet and shower appear fine. The problem is I have lousy pressure in the bathroom sink and outdoor sink as well as the outdoor shower. When I open these up the pump sounds like it is laboring a little and cycles on and off. VVVVV......VVVVVV.....VVVVV.....VVVVVVV as apposed to vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv....... any ideas?
Andersen Ultimate
Honda EU3000is
rturriff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
DEW

My batroom seems ok. The outdoor shower is acceptable - no worse than I had on previous trailers from different manufacturer's

I agree, the outdoor sink is very low in pressure. I looked under the counter and see the main water line id downsized to a small hose. I assumed this was the reduction reason.
My thought was this sink is for washing off your hands, fruit/veggies etc. Not for filling the sink to do dishes...
2003 Avalanche 5.3L w/ 4:10 gears
Reese HP Dual Cam
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
jq1031

Smile

I think your pump pushing at longer or shorter cycles could be due to a few things & they're all natural. Air in the lines, distance, amount of water in the tank and a possible block in the filter screen in one or more of the faucets. My experience has been alot of pump cycling when the water tank is full & as it empties, the pump pressure levels out to a more steady cycle. Regarding city water it should be a uniform flow providing there are no blockages in the lines. As stated earlier a reduction in water line diameter to the outside shower could cause a reduced flow, however it should not be that significant! I've had four RV's and four boats all with water pumps and mine all acted the same. Hope that helps!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Check the flow aerator on the bathroom faucet. Ours had a little bit of trash in it and after cleaning it worked much better. Our outside shower would barely dribble. I took the shower head off and removed the flow restrictor in the base. On looking inside it, there is a very small hole where the off/on push knob fits that had a little piece of plastic trash in it. I cleaned it out with a piece of coat hanger wire. It looked like a piece of twisted drill waste. After putting the flow restrictor back in and hooking it back up, all flows well.

Check your aerator and double check the shower head. In fact, you might just hook up the shower head from your inside shower to check and see if it helps, if it does, then start digging into your shower head. if not, go to the other end of the flex hose and start working back toward the pump.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
rturriff7

Cleaning the screens on the bathroom sink and outdoor kitchen sink helped. The outdoor shower was never an issue. Thanks all.
Andersen Ultimate
Honda EU3000is
rturriff7 is offline   Reply With Quote