Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
Ruffus

Thumbs down Beware!!

Just a note for those looking for RV parts from Adventure RV in Seveireville,TN. I ordered a new roof mount A/C unit from them and paid extra for shipping insurance. Of course the unit came in with the undercarriage damaged and there was no visable damage to the shipping container. I contacted Adventure RV for a replacement after sending photos to them and their response was, "Our shipping manager says that this is minor metal damage that can be hammered out and therefore they are willing to give me $50 off the price and they would file for a partial payment on the shipping insurance".
When I told them that this was dropped and that it was probably done before shipping since the container was not damaged, they said ship it back and then they would issue me a refund at that point and they didn't want my business. Good thing I used a credit card!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	91  
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Jim W

Too bad for your loss. I know when you order something and it does not work-out it is very frustrating.
I have always used PPL Motor Homes out of TX. They have always treated me right.
Good Luck
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:35 AM   #3
Ruffus

Thanks

I'll give PPL a try. FedEx is coming today to pick up the damaged AC and I filed a complaint of breach of contract with the BBB of Eastern TN about this company, we'll see if they lower their customer service rating.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
BigCajun

I had the very same issue with Adventure. The container looked ok but the unit was damaged more than yours. Since I didn't find this out until I took it out on the roof of my camper and I had already removed the roof vent. I installed it and it works fine. I received the $50 credit and a new shroud from Adventure. But they were unwilling to work anything else out. If I hadn't installed it, I would have sent it back.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I ordered the Marinco 30 Amp adapter kit to change out my "mousehole land line" from AdventureRV. They had the best price I'd found. It arrived with no problems and I thought I'd put them on my list of places to check for best prices. Now, after hearing these problems, I won't be checking them for any further purchases. Thanks guys for bringing this to light. If it happens to one or two, it'll most likely happen to someone else, I don't want it to be me.

Thanks again!!!

EDIT: I just checked their website, they have a scratch and dent duotherm briskaire on sale for $459. The same item is for sale at $499 (undamaged) I wonder if they have a big supply of damaged a/c's????? Hmmmmm, I need to get my cynical mind out of the gutter <G>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #6
BigCajun

More than likely they ONLY have damaged units and they pull this "bait and switch" thing on everyone.

I also ordered the strut stabilizers and it arrived with missing parts. The parts were sent to me straight from the factory. The box looked like it went to Mexico and back on a sinking ship!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
mikell

I bought a new AC unit from PPL and had it shipped to work a couple of years ago. They had the best price and it didn't take an hour to get the unit up and running . The wiring plugged right in like it was supposed to
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote