Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2018, 06:41 PM   #1
Bmackr6

Travel Trailer cover

So what are everyone’s thoughts on a cover?
I live in the Las Vegas so it’s dry a majority of the year.
The issue is the property I store my trailer on is in the county and the property owner was issued a complaint by Clark county nevada that only one RV/travel trailer stored on private property. The work around for the county is to get a cover on the other RV/travel trailers.
Thoughts on covers
Bmackr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
travelin texans

Nope! With the dust & wind in that area by the time the wind shreds the cover the dust under it will have all the corners sanded off. Take the money you'd spend on the cover & find covered storage. Just my .02 cents!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:59 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

That sounds like a Clark County policy: Only one RV is allowed to be stored on each property parcel, so cover the rest so they look like big boxes rather than RV's and it'll be OK..... Chicken Little must have a hand in the rule making....

I agree, all it will take to "make bare fiberglass and holes in the corners of your roof membrane" is one decent sand storm. If you do decide to cover it, make sure the cover doesn't billow or move when the wind blows. If there's any movement, it'll "sand the trailer under it" and abrade the cover. Won't take long to see your cover investment turn to rags and your trailer "age before your eyes"....

Better off finding decent storage out of the sun if possible. If not, regular waxing, keep the tires covered and use it frequently.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, travel trailer