Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
Gary Short

Black Water Tank Cleaning line plumbing

I have a 293RK with an issue with the city water hookup and plumbing as regards the black water tank cleaner I tried to rinse out the black tank yesterday and flooded the unit. Does anyone know how the plumbing lines run from the exterior hose bib into the tank sprinkler. it seems to run in and up behind the sink and somehow it is rerouted back to the black tank. Any help out there?
Gary Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

You pretty much have the idea. It goes from the bib at the exterior wall to an anti siphon valve and then to the black tank.

It's not uncommon for the anti siphon valve to stick and when you turn on the water it's like a sprinkler head.

Cheap part and in my opinion that's the biggest problem with those. I've lost count of how many I have replaced on NEW units prior to delivery to retail customer.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The black tank flush connection on the outside of your RV runs to the black anti-siphon valve located under your bathroom sink, and from there down to the black tank where it's connected to the black tank spray assembly.

Here's a picture of the anti-siphon valve under the sink: The blue hose comes from the outside connection and the white hose goes to the tank sprayer... There is nothing (except a possible elbow connection) between the hose bib connector and the tank spray head except that pipe and the anti-siphon valve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black tank flush valve.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	6518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black_tank_flusher_block_diagram.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	6519  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
Gary Short

does the anti ayphon valve just screw to the underide of the sink counter. I don't have a lot of room to work in the small vanity cabinet, and would hate to have to remove the sink to gain access.
Gary Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

No the anti-siphon valve sits freely on the two hose connections. It is very lightweight and doesn't need any support.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote