Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
brh500

Power LCI Awning has no power

We have a Cougar 26RBI trailer with an LCI power awning. In setting up at a campground on Cape Cod this weekend, we found that there is no power to the motor. I can't find the circuit breaker to it in order to check if that is the problem and see if it is just tripped (hopefully). Of course, considering the problems we have had with this camper, which we bought brand new, I am not surprised at anything. Anyone know where Keystone hides the breaker, or if there could be something else afoot? The jack and slideouts work, it is only the awning receiving no power.
brh500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
BigMac

Sorry to hear brh500. I don't have a lot of help on the issue but am interested in ur comment on the issues you have had. We just bought a new Cougar 28RBS and have a few issues but would like to hear other Cougar ailments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #3
14george

Check fuse in circuit braker panel 12 volt
Old 07-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
brh500

The other issues we have had are that the furnace, water pump and radio all had to be replaced, one of the slideout brackets has been repaired twice after pulling from the wall, and the minor one that the outside speaker does not work.
brh500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:33 AM   #5
RavensFan24

I had this issue pop up on my '15 30RIPR with the same brand awning. It turns out it wasn't a power issue, but the gears had gotten stuck. I was able to get a 7/16" socket and pop the rubber cap off the top of the awning arm and open it manually using a drill and the socket. Once it started moving, the awning worked via the switch again. Sometimes moisture can cause the gears to get stuck if it's left to sit a while. This happened to me twice, so the 2nd time I sprayed some WD40 in there to try and loosen things up. I hope the next time I grab the trailer from storage that it's not an issue, but at least I know how to fix it now. I had called Lippert and Keystone and they thought it might be an issue with the motor. They were willing to cover it, since I was just outside of my warranty, but luckily it seems to be more of an environmental issue than a mechanical issue. I'm in FL, so there is lots of moisture in the air to muck things up.

Try opening it manually and see if that kick starts things for you.

https://forums.goodsamclub.com/Share...205_164040.jpg
RavensFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #6
temccarthy1

Re: Power LCI Awning has no power

Wow! That's a lot of trailer for a Tahoe. We have a slightly smaller Bullet, a 2014 285RLS and an Expedition to pull it which is bigger than a Tahoe. How does that rig pull? What kind of cruising speed do you get and milage?

Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet Ultralite 285RLS TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L V8 Triton
Equalizer E2 WD Hitch
temccarthy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #7
14george

Quote:
Originally Posted by brh500 View Post
We have a Cougar 26RBI trailer with an LCI power awning. In setting up at a campground on Cape Cod this weekend, we found that there is no power to the motor. I can't find the circuit breaker to it in order to check if that is the problem and see if it is just tripped (hopefully). Of course, considering the problems we have had with this camper, which we bought brand new, I am not surprised at anything. Anyone know where Keystone hides the breaker, or if there could be something else afoot? The jack and slideouts work, it is only the awning receiving no power.
Did you ever get it fixed
Old 10-31-2016, 10:08 AM   #8
SAABDOCTOR

Hi You said there is no ower at the motor. Did you confirm that with a volt meter? or just that it doesn't move?. does it work with the switch? and not with the remote? or both? is the fuse in the fuse box good? it is a 12 volt circut so it will have a blade fuse not a breaker. a blown fuse should have a red led lite lit by the fuse to tell you it blew. so if the fuese are good and the motor has no pwer then look at where the wiring folds with the arms. if all is good then you will needto roll it in manualy and get it looked at. also check the fuse for power maybe the wires at the fuse block were not installed well my camper had some lose wires at the fuse block and two were actually disconected. good luck.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote