Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
Wally15

Happy Camper!

I tend to "lurk" on this forum a lot to catch up on the new posts and get some fresh ideas for my 2013 Laredo 308RE TT. Some folks have some really bad experiences with their new Keystones and/or dealers. DW and I are extremely pleased with our Laredo and have had no real problems and have had no reason to take it back to the dealer. Had it for 9 months now. A couple of things are minor irritants; queen bed uncomfortable (memory foam solved that), couch bed uncomfortable (ditto memory foam, but still has a "sag" in the middle. If I get my hip into the sag, my feet stick off the end.). Also, the swivel rockers will definitely be upgraded to recliners by next year. Also the cable TV wiring was mis-wired. Took me a while to figure that out and correct it.
Perhaps my biggest gripe (design flaw?) is that the pantry is next to the fridge and the thin wall separating the two transfers the fridge heat into the pantry. Can't leave bread or other "perishables" in there very long or they spoil or get moldy. Thinking about putting two vents top and bottom to create an air flow - might have to drill some holes in the shelves to make that work. My current "guy solution" is to just leave the pantry door slightly open. DW thinks that ranks right up there with using the bathroom with the door wide open????
The TT has been parked at the beach for 6 months now, 2 months at Tyndall AFB Fam Camp, 4 at Rustic Sands, Mexico Beach. Tons of rain, no leaks, except for a/c condensate drips in the 110% humidity. Had as many as 5 adults and 2 small kids in there for a LONG weekend. But perfect for just DW, the dog, and I. Bringing it home in 2 weeks to clean it up for winter storage. Not much winterizing required in S GA.
As 1st time RVer's, and admittedly we bought the camper solely as an inexpensive summer place at the beach, I consider myself lucky to have gotten as good a deal as I got on the Keystone Laredo, and VERY fortunate to only have the minor problems I've had with the unit. Hopefully I won't be in the market for another camper for quite a few years, but if I do, Keystone will be my 1st and only choice. Unless somebody else is giving them away Mine was built in January, during the slow sales season. Could it be the workers weren't being rushed and took their time and did things right? I do empathize with the people who are upset with their purchase and the hassles of getting things fixed.
We looked at a lot of brands and floor plans over several months, I was primarily trying to match a good floor plan and camper to my existing TV (Ram 2500 TD). I didn't do a very good PDI, I didn't really know what the heck I was even looking at most of the time, so I consider myself a lucky rookie. And this forum has helped me learn a lot. And cost me a bunch on $ on upgrades, darn you guys.
2013 Laredo 308RE TT
'06 Ram 2500 CTD AT
S GA

Wally15 is offline   Reply With Quote