Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
JimDogs

Laredo 314RE Baggage Doors

Hello all! My 2015 Laredo 314RE has only 1 baggage door, on the curb side. It make for a long reach to get items that I have stuffed all the way to the other side! I have noticed, in pictures, that some of these units come with a road side door, which is smaller than the curb side door. I have also noticed that some even come with a door on the bed slide for under-bed outside access!

If any of you have this model with these doors, would you be willing to respond with the measurements? I can order the doors from Trekwood RV parts if I know what size to order. Thanks in advance for your help!
JimDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:06 AM   #2
INJEKTER

i just bought the outback 328rl. i have the passenger side door and no door on the opposite side.. making for the long reach..the plan shows a corresponding door, but the water heater is there....i was going to get an awning hook to pull stuff out, but i found that i place my chairs in there first and i can still reach them....i also have the large storage door on the drivers side in the slide....
INJEKTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:15 PM   #3
JimDogs

Yes, I too have been using the hook to reach plastic tubs and patio mats that I have stored in the long reach. In looking at pictures of your rig I see that it appears similar. Could I ask you to measure both your bedroom slide width and the length/height of the baggage door and post here? Could you also measure the baggage door on the curb side and post those measurements? It would be a big help in deciding. Thanks in advance!
JimDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #4
Chuck M

Same Issue

I just purchased a 328RL also. I used to drive tractor trailer, so I have my kingpin puller and it works like a charm. However, I have been unable to find the hot water heater bypass for winterizing the TT. If it is at the back of the storage space, it will take a very small person to get in there to drop the panel and turn the bypass. Have you happened to see another way or find it in another location?
Chuck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

The bypass valve will be on the backside of the water heater. Some can be a PITA to access.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote